New Monitor Advice Please!

Monitor advice please!
Hi all, I need advice on monitor buying. Me and my buddy today got into a long discussion and debate on which of the 2 monitors I am going to link is going to be better for me. First I am coming from a 4790k proc, 970 gtx nvidia card, 16 gb ram, set up currently. I want to go with the 2070 rtx nvidia card and I want to upgrade to a 1440 p monitor.

So I have about 1100$ to put towards new monitor and GPU. My friend says I should buy this monitor because its awesome and has good colors but has a low response time of 4. https://www.amazon.com/d/Monitors/27-Inch-Monitor-Samsung-FreeSync-GamePlus/B078P57ZWL.

The one I was trying to convince him of is this Dell which has a response time of 1>https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27-gaming-monitor-s2716dg/apd/210-agjr/monitors-monitor-accessories.

Now his argument is the Viotek one is curved for one and is going to have more rich vibrant colors and has freesync that is compatible with nvidia cards because its a VA panel.

Me I like the Dell because it has 1 MS response time and 144mhz which the Viotek one has 144 too but only real difference is response time 4 compared to Dell at 1.

My question to you guys is this, is 4 ms response time going to make a huge difference in my gaming compared to a 1? Now I know your going to ask what games I will be playing with. Games I mostly play are all the Assassins Creed games, Castlevanias, Shadows of Mordor, Elderscrolls Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3 and 4, Warhammer online RoR, Grim Dawn, Legend of Grim Rock.

I don’t play hardcore shooters like Apex, Fortnite, COD or Battlefield, ALTHOUGH I do want to start playing BF soon. I need your guys Buyers Beware please help me.

TLDR: Should I buy TA panel like a dell with 1 ms response as opposed to a VA Viotek panel that may look prettier with a 4 ms response time.? Both monitors have 144 mhz refresh and both would most likely be operating off a Nvidia 2070. The Dell is Gsync and Viotek is FreeSync.

Never understood the appeal behind curved screens…

Anyway, legit question, as someone who never really bothered with monitor specs, does a few milliseconds of response time* make any notable difference?

*I am assuming it is basically the time it takes for the information to be transferred and rendered onscreen or something?

Get the Dell. I just got this monitor and it was worth every penny.

Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor (S2719DGF); QHD (2560 x 1440) up to 155 Hz; 16:9; 1ms Response time; HDMI 2.0; DP 1.2; USB; FreeSync; LED; Height Adjust, tilt, Swivel & Pivot

If the one you’re looking at has G Sync, even better cause you won’t have to jump through any hoops to get it to work with your graphics card like you would with Free Sync.

At 1440p, my GTX 960 struggles a little bit to get Grim Dawn above 60 fps, but your graphics card should have no problem. I also have Windows 7 so Free Sync doesn’t even work (requires Win 10), but my framerate for most games is between 60-120 fps anyway (well below the 144hz monitor refresh rate), so I never see any screen tearing.

Ok thanks I will consider that one, the Gsync one though.

Ok thanks I will consider that one, the Gsync one though.