New Music - "Lament"

The music guys are at it again, check out this new track in the media section: http://www.grimdawn.com/media/Grim%20Dawn%20-%20Lament.mp3

Gorgeous, thank you for sharing, love this mood.

Cool, very haunting.

Nice one! Are any of your music designers carry-overs from Iron Lore, or are they all new folk? The music sounds really well done.

It’s sort of ridiculous how good this music is. It’s brilliantly composed. You have some incredibly talented writers.

Depressing…I like it! =)

Thanks!

That really is beautiful!

I’m curious though, who or what is Erulan? When I view the title in the metadata it shows up as “Lament of Erulan”. Or is this a question better not asked for fear of incurring evil medierra’s wrath? :o

Slow, depressing and beautiful! Props to the music guys. I do wonder where this song will be placed, in an action paced game.

That is simply amazing… Despite probably being surrounded by enemies when this plays, it is crazily relaxing

Thanks to all for the awesome compliments and critiques over the past several months. I was an Iron Lore composer, by the way. Also, Medierra needs to get better about clearing meta-data before posting!

Cool! That’s great that so many of you guys have decided to hang together after Iron Lore went belly up. From personal experience, I know what it’s like to have a company dissolve. I miss a lot of friends from previous jobs who have moved on to other places.

@Soundz
Man, you rock! :cool:

WOW that music gives me the chills, not sure where thats going to fit, but Im sure it will somewhere, as it got to be one one the best tracks so far

when listening to that, I feel Im all alone, no one is sight apart from surrounded by dead bodies, looking down to see blood on my hands after all the killing I have done, and remorse that these people were once human

its a pity its short, could have done to be a couple of minutes longer, but apart from that it just stunning at the quality of it

well done, can’t wait to hear more stuff from you, as that was simply beautiful in the extreme

Makes me think of a completely abandoned village, maybe burned down. I could imagine that you wouldn’t even meet enemies there.

The first half, especially the opening, of the song gave off a similar feeling as some tracks from FinalFantasy. I like that.

Very good job and nice to see more veterans from IL. You guys did, and are now doing again, a great job. :slight_smile:

Oh wow, this music is amazing! Great job!

Awesome music! Thanks for sharing!

Mmmm… I love the melancholic mood.

It would be a very nice transition between harsh fights. In fact, it reminds me the “safe place” songs in the Resident Evil saga : a place which offers a tiny sentiment of security tainted with sadness, in the midst of a hostile and apocalyptic world.

its a pity its short, could have done to be a couple of minutes longer, but apart from that it just stunning at the quality of it

I got exactly the same feeling from the previous track. The two songs are amazing, they really have some great inspiration. Then you begin to imagine a “growing” for these songs, a further development that would make them not only amazing but also unforgetable like those few classics of the genre.

Anyway, the songs as they are right now are a great teaser for the game.

In a sense the song reminded me of the Daggerfall Over Snow. One of the classics!

This might be my favorite so far.
Great job, Soundz!

Great track, really enjoying it! Thanks.