"new/newly looted item highlighting" triggers moving items around in bags

(and moving from stash into bags too)

*on a side note can we get to toggle it off? - it doesn’t go away until you mouse over each and every individual item, which gets pretty jarring when you open the inventory with a lot of items

3 Likes

This please. The feature is more annoying for me than useful, would love for it to be a toggle option instead.

GD_1210_Item_Bug

This feature just straight up crashes the game on mods (the screen immediately goes to black at the end of the GIF).

1 Like

GD_1210_Crafting

It happens when you craft too, anything that involves an item going into your inventory crashes the game.

Having a civil response to the game being made completely unplayable crashes Grim Dawn.

1 Like

yep, any item rotated in to inventory, doesn’t matter if new or not, blacksmith craft, stash transfer etc - i’d assume happens with MP trades too? but i can’t join games to check

And without the mod…?

Took a character, ran through SR75-76, looted a few items.

Upon looting the items, the items shine (like they’re supposed to)
I’m not sure if the initial bug report is saying that hovering the item removes the flash, but shifting items around restores it? Shifting items around doesn’t seem to change anything.

Crafting an item gives that particular item the flash, does not seem to affect other newly-looted items.

But why though? What is this feature adding to gameplay that could cause such unforeseen events?

Only newly looted items are supposed to glow, and then only upon the first time the inventory is opened or until you hover over them. Moving items around the inventory is not supposed to, that is a bug.

This isn’t some new feature we snuck in. It’s been in the game since forever. We made it more prominent.

might be part of the issue, bug aside of it happening shifting items around, it just stands out so much now and is jarring in how bright it is combined with the pulsing.
*also why i then asked if it could be a toggle (yes i know, the setting menu is running out of buttons to put somewhere)

This caught my attention. I checked in 1.2.0.5 and don’t see any glow or highlight on newly picked items. Did I disable it somehow?