NEw PEt for expansion or Grim Dawn 2

With an upcoming expansion, I thought an additonal paid dlc would not be a bad idea. I liked the idea of a pet that can carry extra gear, have its own skills and xp and be something of a fighter/ pack animal pet. It can be humanoid to. It would also have an option ti travel to a town and dump off items at merchant and come back.Since potions are now part of the character themselves, there would no need for it buy anything at the merchants. THere would need be a timer for it to return, the furtherst from a town the longer the timer. I was also thinking in places wehre a player could not use their own portals, this pet would take even longer to come back. It could also be outfited with gear as well. Like along the lines of Diablo 3ā€™s followers. Since usually the players portal is more then enough, that is why I suggested a paid dlc. Some players want to stay in the action and not do a merchant run. Also this pet fighting abilities would supplemeant the player not do all the monster killing for the player. And duuring an pvp, it would sit out. Could there be more then one type of these ā€˜followersā€™, pets? Sure! And they could be places throughout the game and recruited by the player later in the game. Also specific gear for the followers could be brought or earned through reputation or quest, or shrine rewrds, I state paid dlc since this would be extra coding of course. Almost an expansion if you will.

i like it,pets like inm torchlight 2 or van helshing where you can send pet to sell items and i would say buy potions but thats not needed anymore

1 Like

I was getting the idea from torchlight essentially. I was thinking about the pet getting items from the stash, but that is foolish. I know in the Sacred 2 series, there was a way to summon a mobile stash that would appear and you could swap items out anywhere in the game. And in Sacred 2 there was an option to sell off gear anywhere but it would be at a very discounted price. I think Sacred 2 is the only game where I saw the abiity to sell gear anywhere from the Char stat screen.

I remember that this topic was already discussed, and the truth is that most of us agree that it does not go with the essence of the game.

Well the game is changing constantly and its an optional dlc. You dont have to use it. ā€œthe truth is most of usā€¦ā€ Not so sure about that handwagon. The last tine it was discuseed was largely do to "player portalsā€™; Which was brought up here. The ā€˜truthā€™ is a subjective opinion there. It may not work at all in this game largely due the challenge dungeons, part of it is inventory managameant. This may not work for you, fine. It might work for others. Hence ā€œoptionalā€. Im not sure, ā€œessencfe of the gameā€ā€¦ what on earth is that?

to make an exaggerated example, think of it as someone requesting FPS mode for when shooting rifles; it doesnā€™t fit at all with the ARPG in that case, but also not the game theme/style itself
same response someone got when they requested turning GD into high fantasy with elves and dwarves; it doesntā€™ fit the current game setting or gameplay style

1 Like

curiously the op likes that idea xD

A DLC like this would consume non-negligible amount of effort from devs. Iā€™d prefer if they spent it on improving the core game or making their next title.

both can happen???