New player here, question about shared stashes

Hello everyone. I am a new player and I bought all DLC during the last sale, but only installed Malmouth at first since my first playthrough is with a few friends of mine who dont own the latest DLC. However, since my friends are currently busy I decided to activate Forgotten Gods and play with a new character there.

I quickly noticed that I could put and take items from the shared stash as well and used that opportunity to give myself two neat swords. I then wanted to test out something with just malmouth again, so I uninstalled FG and… found out that the two swords are still in my shared stash. I assume the stash got cloned by activating FG, but does this mean that everything I add to the Malmouth Shared Stash from now on is now permanently lost for the Forgotten Gods Shared Stash even if I put my Malmouth char on FG later? And is there any way to mitigate these problems outside of just stockpiling everything I have outside of the shared stash now?

As far as I know(I don’t play multiplayer much so people will correct me if I’m wrong), you don’t need to uninstal the FG to play people who do not have the dlc. There are options in Multiplayer menu which can deactivate FG/AoM etc for that hosted game. It should be something like that while joining a game.

Incorrect. There are no options in the game to disable the expansions. There are a couple of ways to do it though.

The problem you have is any items you found that were added to the game in Forgotten Gods just don’t exist in AoM. And iirc correctly the game reverts to an older copy of your character which is why the swords were in the stash and not on your character.

The best thing to do is make another character which you only use for multiplaying with your friends and keep the other for solo play.

1 Like

I just did a test with a new character and it seems recipes I added to my Malmouth character are not displayed when i switch to FG. For example: My Malmouth character found the blueprint for Deathchill and I added it to my recipe collection. When i created a new character in malmouth and went to crucible to check for blueprints Deathchill was there, however when I installed FG again and checked in crucible I couldn’t find the recipe in my list.

This is deeply concerning for me, seems like I won’t be able to take all the blueprints, components, etc. I find from now on to FG if I finish my Malmouth character with my friends and decided to put him on FG afterwards… is there really no way of fixing this? Like maybe deleting my FG character and trying to delete my shared stash on FG somehow? Or maybe unticking cloud saves and using some save editor?

I really dont want to lose all my progress on my MM character after the fact simply because I did a mistake and checked out the DLC :frowning: