New to modding.. theres so much conflicting info online

So I got Grim Dawn for the steam sale and im looking to use the Dawn of Masteries mod.

Edits I want to make on my own are:

Increase skill points per level from 3-5.
Increase atribute points per level from 1>2 and decrease atribute points rewarded per point from 8>5
Increase base walk speed because it feels really slow.

I have set up assetmanager and extracted the game files.
Setting up the other directories for the expansions seems rather complicated, and i have not attempted to do that.

My questions are, where do I make my desired edits and can I make these edits to the base game and “build the files” and still use dawn of masteries in a custom game? or will these edits create a new “mod” and prevent me from using the dawn of masteries mod?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you have a look at the info linked here?

yes ive been googling stuff for almost 2 hours now, I have some specific and basic inquiries that aren’t answered anywhere i’ve looked lol

I HAVE SUCCEEDED!

Took a whole lot of tryin… but i succeeded. Theres only one problem. My inventory is borked.

Everything else seems totally fine.

List of what I changed:

camera zoom out max
run speed
skill/attribute points per level
divination points max and points per shrine

thats it. Somehow I broke the inventory lol

1 Like

can u remove some items from the top left? use the the auto sort key. in both boxes. I personnally dont like how the new inventory put ur pickup items in the top left box. I would like it back down in the bottom section myself.