Newbie classes/build or help with existing one

Hello everyone I am new to the game and was wondering if there are some more new guy friendly class combos/builds. I generally like melleing stuff with sword/axe/mace and shield because I played “conqueror” quite a lot in TQ and I liked it. Another + to anyone kind enough to post a suggestion would be for the build not to be too flashy because PC ain’t all that new. I still run the game decently but stuff like devastation and too much on kill procs wreck my screen. So far I’ve been going with a melle cadence “comando” but am starting to think it is not very newbfriendly. For instance those big aetherial guys I can only withstand 'em with overguard. I would show my build but it seems I need 3 post hm? but basically I am lvl 40 5 in cunning 5 in spirit rest in phys. 6 points into blast shield one each in flame touched line flash bang and vindictive flame. Soldier is 1 point in the first three passives blitz 1 in main skill 3 in it’s what affector?. 3 points ZT and markovian rest is mainly cadence and 1 point in fighting spirit.

reply to yourself twice and you have your 3 posts to post links…

Cadence builds are newbie friendly for the end game as they are decent without a lot of gear, but can take some time to get moving for a newbie character as you skills need to be leveled to start doing some damage. By lv 40, you should be starting to get enough skill points to do some damage.

What are you using for your weapon? Cadence builds need fast weapons to get to that 3rd strike sooner. Swords and some axes are good early game 1H with fast or very fast speeds and high damage. Maces have higher base damage, but are usually slower.

Seeing your build would help a lot…