Newbie - help with build as Blademaster

Hello. I recently bought Grim Dawn, never played games like this before but i turned on Veteran Mode on Normal game.

Im currently at lvl 30 and using mostly build with full points into Cadence, Blitz, Forcewave also using at max Military Conditioning.

I didnt spent any points in Nightblade tho.

Someone recommended me to build this way with 2H weapon and Forcewave and thats how i got to lvl 30. But now its so freaking tough to do anything. Bosses are ridiculously strong and im dealing almost no dmg at all.

My gameplay looks now like this: I run into mobs and spam Forcewave and Blitz (if its on cooldown then i runaway) and 24/7 the same shit. And the dmg is not good anymore.

Should i swap already to dual weapons? what should i look for? How to spend points?

Could someone explain me what item’s should i seek for ingame? There are a lot of elemental boosts and things for instnace +% fire dmg, +water dmg, i odnt know what to choose from and what should i look for? Should i go for Defensive ability and Armor Rating mostly?

And please, give me advices how to build… what to do to play this game with fun… because now its just a struggle and i basically want to turn it off everytime i try it’s so painfull to play.

I would be so so so so so so so thankfull…
If there is any chance for someone explaining me a bit more and adding me on steam i would highly appreciate that…

If you take the transmuter for forcewave it won’t have a cool down.

If you are level 31 and have a decent 2 hand weapon, this should help you beat the games content until you decide what you want to actually do with your character. Spammable forcewave can carry you to act 4 ultimate pretty easily with self found gear.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B65qb2

what do you want your build to be. DW pierce damage or phys dmg with shiled or 2h?

I would love to use dual wielding. Doesnt matter for me what elements it should include.

You can describe both of them or just simply tell me the best one (most versatile) or i dont know. Maybe the one that is better late-end game?

[QUOTE=sfbistimg;677883]If you take the transmuter for forcewave it won’t have a cool down.

If you are level 31 and have a decent 2 hand weapon, this should help you beat the games content until you decide what you want to actually do with your character. Spammable forcewave can carry you to act 4 ultimate pretty easily with self found gear.

Thanks i lot. I’ll follow ur build path for now then.

What about devotion points? Dont know how to spend them also.

And i got 1 more single problem… - I can’t reset my Mastery points added into Soldier or Nightblade (the glowing bar at the bottom) i just go to the NPC and i can reset all skills but i cannot reset the bar at the bottom with Mastery of the class… why ? O_O

Thanks i lot. I’ll follow ur build path for now then.

What about devotion points? Dont know how to spend them also.

And i got 1 more single problem… - I can’t reset my Mastery points added into Soldier or Nightblade (the glowing bar at the bottom) i just go to the NPC and i can reset all skills but i cannot reset the bar at the bottom with Mastery of the class… why ? O_O

In latest version of the game (1.0.6.1) you are able to get mastery bar skillpoints back except the last one.

what do you mean except the last one?

i could reset those mastery skill points before but now i cannot.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=677769#post677769

For leveling use Cadence, deadly momentum, Night’s chill, Blagothian shears, Whilring Death, Execution. Oleron rage. You can also use ghould for life steal or toad

Devotions: Assassin’s mark, Harpy, Nadaan then Thief or Unknown soldier/Oleron, whichever

Get 2x Derp Slicers from aCt 3 Hive. They Drop a lot in there. Antythin with pierce/phys flat dmg and attack speed and or lifesteal

Im using this build right now as you mentioned. And it’s so easy ! Just hit lvl 34 without any problems.

Im using this build right now as you mentioned. And it’s so easy ! Just hit lvl 34 without any problems.

How long should i use this as you said until i decide i want to switch to dual wielding? since its what i was primarly looking for playing this game. But if 2H weapon and Forcewave build is better to level up then its not a problem for me to stick with it for a while.

You could have used dual wield from the beginning, so you can switch right now. Forcewave might be easier as a beginner but DW works very well too.

This game might not be so easy as a new player and it is easy to mess things up. You just need to learn a bit more. I have been though this too. :smiley:

For dual wield blademaster, just follow what Fluff said above. Cadence/Deadly momentum is key to kill fast, Belgo shears and whirling death for AoE. Just try it. If done as he said, it will bring you at least to the end of Veteran easily.

Again, be patient and take the time to learn.

You can make the switch to dual wield as soon as you get 2 decent weapons, superfluff gave you good advice on that.

Tho IMO 2h forcewave is easier to level as, and requires less gear to find.

If you say to max Nadaan then i should use 2x Swords instead of Axes right now?

Btw i can’t find anywhere Thief in the Devotion. Been looking for 20minutes directly to all and can’t find it… you mean Assasin???

Im lvl 41, switching to your Dual Wielding builld.

But you mentioned so many skills to level up as with… i can’t manage to find out how to spend points right now at lvl 41 to be persistent and able to deal good amount of dmg and survive.

Could you please link me a grimdawn build calculator at lvl 41 approx or 50 how my points should be spent? that would help me a lot and would show me the path to follow…

Thanks mate a lot.