Next expansion theme

I wouldnt mind this idea if you can farm the reputation gears naturally, the main problem with Barrohelm dilemma is that their gear and rep augments are so insanely good, it’d be stupid to go against them.

But if you can farm the gears/recipes anyways, then the choice to go against them is alot more valid.

At the end of the day, gear drives this game, which means people will side Barrohelm even out of character.

Definitely just one act would be enough, more acts and the game would feel more bloated. Probably raise the level cap just 5, which don’t seem much but i think it’s fine for a smaller expansion.

Having a much bigger cold area than Asterkan would be great because Asterkarn feels a little too small. You just zip thought it in like 20 minutes and then it’s done.

Well given by what we learned from the Aetherial Council of Five’s missives, and that captured Aetherial (Hagrond?) it does seem the Dead God is stirring indeed. And maybe “other eyes” are watching too - aka the other gods. So I can see the next expansion being Chthonian-centric, visiting the Void…
Also, anyone remember that rumor about a castle on a mountain made of salt? Sure it sounds implausible but we have seen more weird things. :slight_smile:

I’d welcome a desert themed expansion next. But mostly, I NEED to know what lies south of Devil’s Crossing!! :smiley: That has been something I wanted to know since I started alpha-testing this game years ago. :smiley:

I think the Eldritch realms is kind of inhospitable to human life… see what happened to Dreeg when he forcibly went there. Or the Ugdenbog Witches who opened a rift to that realm…
As for the Aether, that must be a weird place, but from what we know, the Aetherials only exist there as immortal, bodyless spirits, and time and thought passes more slowly than in the real realm.

Except the choice to kill these people only is presented because of their past, they have long since managed to distance themselves from their past
They’d be nothing like the assholes in Happy Town

The new expansion is nice and all, new classes, levels and items is great, but i don’t like to play inside the city, it is port Valbury 2.0. Like others have mentioned, a snowy area would be nice or a big castle.

I won’t be visiting Malmouth city a second time to farm if not needed, i’d rather go to areas like Arkovian undercity or Steppes of Torment.

Just my 2 cents.

^ yes doors and stairs = final bosses :rolleyes: with not so great engine

i still like GD alot tho

the final boss, stairs aside, is actually quite nice… but i expected barnabas at the end as Zantai said… guess I fell for that .:eek:

anyhow make the dlc solid and short but add more rogue like dungeons:D

I also kinda want a celestial themed expansion… let us fight among the gods and battle against a god… even a brief appearance/ interaction with the three witch gods please and not just avatars or guardians this time. that would be dope :cool:

May I ask for some new areas.

• Beautiful Forest with plenty of mysterious(rain forest, tropical evergreen forest). I’d like it tone color to be lively fresh green than rotten one.

• Sacred Sanctuary or Heavenly Utopia. Something looks elite, luxurious, hi-tech(in engineer/modern or magical way). Have various of awesome architecture. (Personal prefer least crowd of enemies. May have only some bosses or few strong heroes in each area. More like you’re entering a place to face really strong foes, not the amount.)

I’m bored of slaying terrible-looking things. Want some nice looking foes or more civilized than ugly and disgusting trashes.

I knew it would be mismatch the game theme. But fighting some mechs and magical artifact would be interesting. (I still want to fight angels too)

May be about you could go in time-portal then figure out what happen before grim dawn(Yeah, I could see all map when they’re normal, not apocalypse like this). Get information about why&how grim dawn happen, why you’ve become like this etc.

I hope we get to visit a desert-themed in Cairn in the future, similar to Act 2 from Diablo 2 and Titan Quest, with mummies, giant scorpions, scarabs, and such, but of course, themed behind Grim Dawn’s lore.

This desert area could have some backstory explaining the reason why this area became a barren land filled with sand, was the result from a battle between gods (Empyreon vs Korvaak?), or something like that…

I’d also like to explore a volcano dungeon as well… with volcanic gases periodically comming out from walls and floor that you would need to avoid. Heck, it could even be a rogue-like dungeon as well! I’d love it!

I can understand you wanting desert area. But why the fuck more insects? It’s bad enough they put Servitors in my rifts :eek:

Also, I thought those two were same beings?

I’ve encountered too many of these in H-RPGs. Usually at the end of it there exists some red tentacle boss :eek:

Never thought about the kind of locations we’d see in next expansion (both snow and desert sound good), but I’d like them to continue the godly theme which was hinted in this one. Also, more Eldritch monsters. Probably could fit those two things together easily.
The Three start delivering messages again? As much as I like the idea, I find it weird, since the player character doesn’t seem to endorse cults of different varieties (especially the Solael kind), but at the same time we got the Blessing from their spokesman.

Personally I could use less Chthonians and Aetherials if they plan a short expac/dlc

I want to explore other deities. They kinda disappointed me with the Ravager since he has no significance on the lore, and is just a spoiled brat looking to get back at the wolf who bite his ass too hard

Would work totally fine if the player boozed up their characters enough before going in. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I’d vote for the next new area at least including a nice un-demolished palatial type setting to romp through. Something made by people and not wrecked is technically the least common thing in Grim Dawn.

Its obvious that the actually big bad is Chton the old god getting back at the ones who betrayed him.

What i would like to see - Starts with continuation of the Kymon`s storyline ending with a showdown with Korvaak (maybe in his realm) or his weak avatar or something.
Turns out Korvaak is actually on our side and is trying to prevent the return of Chton. He suggest to seek alliance with the Aetherials who are also enemies of Chton.

We move to few areas in the Aether realm, probably fight your way to the Council of Five and put some sense into them.

They realise what the Taken is saying and with some reluctance agree on a mutualy benefical alliance with Korvaak and the Humans to try and prevent the return of the Primordial god.

Ends with Chton locked away again but everyone has suffered such huge losses that its a Grim victory but the worst has been prevented.
Taken has accumulated so much power that he ascends as the new protector of Cairn and his story makes him the most worshipped deity in Cairn for generations to come.

Enter GD 2 :slight_smile:

as much as i wanted to beat the crap of Chthon, i’d prefer not to deal with him until we have GD2.

And this makes me the bad guy how exactly?

Turn the other tentacle, bud.

I wonder how a bad guy really looks like… I mean come on I cant really picture in my mind how you would really look like when we finally get to meet and fight

that is just a mobile Log, not scary imo…

I kinda expected him to look like this…