No ambushes in one-shot dungeon treasure rooms please!

If at all possible can you make it so that the C’thonian ambushes on ascendant don’t happen inside the treasure rooms of one-shot dungeons? Every time I am opening the chests in there and I get ambushed I get jump-scared and I get at least 1 ambush per treasure room in the Ancient Grove or whatever it’s called.

Everywhere else is fine but for whatever reason, physiologically I am not expecting the ambushes in treasure rooms.

Ambush = more treasure :yum:

2 Likes

At this point I assume that one or two chests will have an ambush there, you prob need to run some more dungeons and you’ll get used to it.

No one ever expects the Ch’thonian Inquisition.

6 Likes

Ambushes are one of the main reasons to farm in Ascendant , I can’t follow your logic to be fair

2 Likes

It is not about the ambushes in dungeons or in general at all. It is just the treasure room in particular because at that point all of the enemies are dead and it feels like it should be safe but then you get jumpscared.
And yes I get that you eventually get used to it if you run the dungeons enough but I still don’t like it and in my opinion missing an ambush or two in those rooms wouldn’t meaningfully reduce the amount of loot you are getting overall since you get ambushed about 10 times per one shot dungeon even if you don’t focus on opening every box/body.

And since this section is for feedback based on personal experience I figured I would share mine.

1 Like

That’s the entire point of Ascendant to get ambushes everywhere and treasure rooms are best source of it , if you farm for items Ascendant is just not good , dungeons in particular are no good for items grind . That’s why I said I can’t follow your logic

100% respect that, but utterly utterly disagree with the rest. Ambushes are there specifically to make you constantly teeth-grindingly anxious and I personally really like it that way.

3 Likes

The only change ambushes need is more enemy variety. We are hated by more than just Chthonians.

3 Likes

You know every time you click a chest that the Zoth crew could show up? It’s not exactly a surprise.

Exactly

13 Likes