No DirectX 11?

My game runs with DirectX 9. I think it tries to check DirectX 11 but does not use it at all.

Why? :confused:

Also… there is “DirectX: Version 11” line in STEAM system requirements, but again it does nothing in game. :confused:

Recommended:
    Processor: x86 compatible 3.2GHz or faster processor (Intel 4th generation core i-series or better)
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce 500 series or ATI Radeon 6000 series or better
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 5 GB available space
    Additional Notes: 4GB of memory is recommended to host multiplayer games 

So what happened with DirectX 11? :cry:

Check if you have directx 11, if not install it. If you do then there is something wrong with your directx 11, also how do you check to see if Grim Dawn is using directx 11.

Erm dude. This is not my PC, there is no DX11 in this game (or it is disabled in current build or maybe bugged). What are you talking about? :eek:

And yes my PC is capable to run DX11 games, thanks for these “helpful” tips. :wink:

With Reshade dll’s and MSI afterburner.

You are drunk or what read again what I said, and what you wrote.

Seems like no one care. Yeah who need DirectX 11 in the game with DirectX 11 in System Requirements, right? :wink:

I think GD use tessellation so that is DX11 function right?

I dont think that you can use tessellation because the game runs in DirectX 9 mode according to my (fairly lazy) tests. :slight_smile:

The game was supposed to be dx9 from the very start. Mention of dx11 in the recommended specs probably has to do with the operating systems offering the relevant versions of dx and not with the game utilizing them.

Maybe in the future we’ll have our 64bit dx12 parallel processing native stereoscopic 3d arpg. For now, it’s just dx9, as promised.

:smiley: Okay thanks for the info.

I become curious so I take a look at quick test. So yeah, it’s use dx9 dlls. not sure why its have recommendation for dx11. maybe for future.

This topic need an update, since it’s well referenced in Google when you type “Directx” and “Grim Dawn” keywords.

V1.0.2.0

[Major New Features]

The game engine has received a major overhaul to its renderer, allowing the game to run on DirectX11. While results will vary from system to system, this will generally result in improved performance.

So this game use Now DX11 and not DX9 anymore.

It’s a thread from two years ago and obsolete by now. Sorry for the confusion.