No intro video

Me & my friend bought Grim Dawn on recent Steam sale to play in co-op. I launched the game, created a character & started a multiplayer host. I was taken directly to map, I thought it was weird that there was no intro video but I thought that maybe you’re a small studio and you didn’t create any. But when I told my friend about it he said that he ran the game on singleplayer before me and he had an intro video. So we played for a while, ended our session, I created a new character and started single player game just to see that video, but was taken directly to map. I had to watch it on youtube to know what was going on. And I just wanted to report it here so maybe devs would fix it for other new players.

Have you verified game files? Are you running any modifications?

I just downloaded the game and we run it, no mods, etc.

If one of your controller’s sticks has a drift issue, this might be the reason why the video is skipped.

It doesn’t have drift sticks, and why would that even matter?
But, for what’s it worth, I just checked it again and it turns out that it worked this time when starting a single player game with new character. It just doesn’t work when you start a multi player game with new character.

Because you can interrupt the video, by making an input like pushing the stick of your controller. If it’s not the controller, maybe the keyboard then.

So, for single player it is not reproducible anymore? It does not start for me either, if I host or join a game with a new char.

I believe for multiplayer it is working as intended, so that people do not need to wait for you. Not sure, if that is really necessary though. IIRC the AoM video plays in a multiplayer session, when you get to that point in the story, but then everybody has already been loaded into the game.

If it is like you say, then it’s a very bad design decision. One should be able to skip video only by pressing Esc key or holding a button on controller for 2-3 seconds, not by doing any input.

Since this video plays only for new characters, then it should play by default for every new character regardless of chosen mode (single/host multi/join multi).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.