Non Existance of Bleeding Retaliation

It’s in the list of retaliation damages but there is literally not a single source for bleeding retaliation damage in the game…
It would be nice, my bleeding sorceress would like to dabble in retaliation but she can’t~
NW-035

1 Like

you don’t want bleed retal, much less the way dot retal works… :no_mouth:
and keep in mind there are plenty stats in the sheet page, that isn’t actually in the game

1 Like

But I LOVE DoT retaliation! My Fewmet set poison retaliation sentinel just trashes SR with ease~
I’m 100% certain that I could make it work and have fun at the same time.

I’m also very curious now about others that do not exist!? Please let me know what else you have found.

Unfortunately because the game was programmed in such a way that there is no conversion into or out of bleeding damage this one is more pie in the sky than another other damage on any skill would be…

fewmets doesn’t do DoT retal tho? - and i’d maybe say your poison retal sentinel either doesn’t have pure poison retal, or has other dmg that is making it “playable”?

sleep resist
life retaliation
damage reflect got removed with FG release iirc

NW-036
You are correct in that the fewmet set itself does not do poison retaliation but the link in acid & poison being so strong it’s almost impossible to isolate one from the other.

Similarly to other damages with DoT variations. I apologize if my reply implied that my build was 100% poison retaliation damage because you’re right that it’s not. The unavoidable inclusion of acid damage is perhaps what you are referring to. IF there was a way to remove it from the equation I’d love to try but I’m limited to the rules of the game so perhaps that will never happen.

Interesting! Right there under retaliation~ Hmm… removed. That is curious!

Thank you

it’s not so much that it’s unavoidably included
in this case it’s just that your flat retal is so so much higher than poison, that your poison retal is actually ending up as pretty insignificant dmg, because it doesn’t stack on itself
the problem with poison/DoT retal is that it only stacks on different rata sources
so you need a bunch of a lot of different skills with rata, to make dot retal do “anything”/stack for dmg bonus, and then need a ton of dot retal to make that dmg be significant, since rata is usually in small amounts
which is why you don’t want bleed retal, because it would be a giant PITA to build around, even if it existed :sweat_smile:

Good point, I got you now.
I’m sure @Zantai would be able to come up with something creative and interesting that would make it a fun and interesting damage to work with! He’s constantly surprising us with sets that are still years old and haven’t had significant changes.

The only way to save DoT retal is having their values bumped up, just like what other DoT damage did.

2 Likes

If memory serves me, the only source of bleed retal was on Boar constellation, but it was removed some time after FG release. Interestingly enough, trauma retal still exists on a couple of items (or granted skills rather), and at least you can convert to it from burn and poison retal.

Now, one thing I remember Zantai saying in one of the pre-FG streams is that only physical, acid, fire and lightning damages are qualified as “actual” retal. Everything else is pretty much flavor/memes, like aether retal on Outcast’s Secret or chaos retal from Hungering Void.

1 Like

True Retal Dot builds are limited to Aegis, Grenado and Dreeg’s Evil Eye now. A few specific builds. Burn or Poison Retal. Other skills cannot reach high % Retaliation Added to Attack. Maybe also some Blitz / Internal Trauma but these would be memes. Other builds might have a bit of Retal Dot that contributes very little to their DPS.

*Kills Ravager as Chaos Retal build within reasonable amount of time
*“So, what about flavors, Mr. Zantai?” :grin:
P.S. Is it the time to make Aether Retal killing Calla? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

My Aether retal Defiler killing Calla.

2 Likes

Nevertheless these three are still not strong enough, compared to other retal builds.
DoT retal needs its flat per second bumping up in general.

I agree. I’ve only played Retal Poison Sentinel so far and I can kill Ravager in like 1:30 or so but I don’t like it that much. Retal builds are always good against Ravager and I expect best Retal builds to kill him much faster. And of course against some non melee nemesis it’s much worse. Actually against Anasteria it was kinda bad. But melts Grava / Fabius / Reaper as a compensation. And as I said in my thread - increasing that RR / DR duration on Judicators would help for cooldown Aegis a lot.

Gonna try 2h Retal Burn Grenado focus at some point too.

1 Like

Mark of Toronto, but it’s a useless stat anyways.

Would you mind giving a GT link to the build, please?

2 Likes

Doesn’t meant to bump this topic up, but how’s your 2h Burn RtA Grenade going?

I was a bit disappointed with my Retal builds and also didn’t like how they fared against non-melee enemies so I dropped the archetype and the build in question. retalFan is no more.

1 Like