Noob question about difficulty

Hi,

Not long ago I started my adventure with the game. I would like to ask, because I can’t find the answers anywhere, how to unlock the elite mode.

Additionally I’d like to ask if it’s worth doing content with dlc on normal difficult. I mean whether it’s worth to go through the story there or focus on it later on a higher level of difficulty.

Thanks if u have some time to answer = )

You unlock Epic by completing the main game (vanilla only, no need to do the expansions too), i.e. by beating the final boss.

If you have chars that already did so, they can buy some items to transfer to new chars to immediately unlock Epic, assuming you have the FG expansion.

If you are new to the game, I probably would do the expansions on Normal and maybe skip them on Epic, otherwise I would probably reverse that.

Yup, what Mamba said. When you kill this boss, you’ll see written with large font letters, you can start at elite now or something similar. Then you just quit to main menu and can choose elite difficulty.

Witam serdecznie w GD!

You unlock elite by defeating the first vanilla boss - Log. But you wanna do the whole game on your first walkthrough. That is because you want to unlock all factions so that you get reputation in all of them on your consecutive walkthroughs.

I usually do full normal and skip elite. But on your first character you don’t have mandates (bonuses to reputation) so you wanna do elite too if just to clear main faction quests.

Getting reputation to the max ASAP (preferably as you get to lvl90) is essential because factions sell augments which are indispensable later in the game.