Noob question: Can I use the DLC assets in a mod?

Starting to read up and learning how to mod…

I could not find the answer here on the forum. I want to start my first mod with all game assets, including those from the DLCs, available. Do I have to merge the extracted database and resources files from the game and the dlcs?

Similar to what was said here: [TUT] How to import Titan Quest models into the editor

Or is everything already automatically loaded (I cannot tell) into the Asset Manager?

Read this [Script][Basics]Modding Beginner's Guide I - #2 by Elfe
Besides what’s written there (Asset Manager’s settings), I personally also like to cut & paste gdx1 extracted things on top of vanilla extracted things and then gdx2 on top that so that everything is conveniently in one folder and there’s no way of importing an older file if there’s an updated version of it in a dlc (since older files are overwritten).

Right. I was following the Grim Dawn Modding guide, which has the same explanation about the asset Manager setup, but is missing the DLC part of the guide you linked. Thanks!

Good extra info there, @tqFan! That’s what I was looking for. Gonna follow your (copy paste) example.

1 Like