Nothing nothing nothing 1

nothing nothing nothing

It was mostly in response to this statement:

I don’t think anyone disagrees with retal DE damage nerf. But compensating it with even more passive defense seems wrong in my opinion. In the first place it’s not supposed to be that tanky. Maybe more lifesteal will do to compensate with the damage loss but I will always disagree on more passive defenses cause that will just make it more similar to a warlord.

Ofcourse it is some nerf, however we can hurt some non retal characters with that move. Damage-wise it is possible for sure to avoid conversions nerfs. But how exactly? Final word is always for the devs.

You are right there too, Avenger is pound-for-pound amulet in terms of defensive stats. Problems with Alexander or Outcast on these deeps is that you need to glitch them on some extreme deeps. For Alex best method is always to not being hit with his meteor (which is not hard, he is doing animation like Grava’thul before casting it) and lure him out of range of his crystals (if they are too tanky to kill on high deeps).

Retal values in Honor are one things, next is anti-mages potential. Retal weak points are mage enemies without heavy fast meele attacks. With Honor you can burst them down very fast and there comes fast Crucible times. High OA + Crit damage do another role - you apply Assassin Mark very fast, then you don’t miss any missile of Vire cascade and every piece has like 20% chance to crit.

For Warlord where best shield is Colossal Fortress https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8831, you gain more WD (so more percent of life steal is activated) and cooldown on CS. With it and Targo’s Hammer devotion every hit you take you are healed. Surrounded with more enemies you heal like machine gun. Like this vs Crate boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2KAR1FtCas

nothing nothing nothing

1 Like

From my experience Alex most danger is big meteor and small ones from crystals, that’s what can one shot many builds, not only retals. To counter small meteors best way is at least poke crystals after he spawn them then go out of their range. After he spawn second pair of crystals again poke them, and go back to poked and destroy them, repeat everything. Big meteor is easy to dodge, before it’s onscreen he does fast “push move” with his hand, you already know it’s coming. So just watch his small hands :sweat_smile: Ofcourse gear swapping (even second shield with Purified salt) or glitching in few spots make it easier.

That’s how his meteor move looks like:

Yes, he can be deadly with his rapid shotgun-style attack so safest way is to fight during some defense skill up (like Absolution/Overguard or MoT/Mirror on non-retal builds). In the second sentence you meant he can teleport you infront of all bosses if pulled first? There is very easy solution, works every time and you can pull him first if possible (that’s what I am doing). After you start to pull and he is coming to you stop moving, cast your defense buff because Doom bolt incoming. He will teleport infront of you, just never move. You can see it there (I did timestamp) https://youtu.be/VT-NJJM-Uw8?t=367 . First try I died because my mistake, my defense buff went down and I was instantly one shotted, second try was good.

Problem is that devs consider everything above SR60 unbalanced and anything goes so defense buff to help deep sr climbing are unlikely :frowning_face:

nothing nothing nothing

Yes, aggro radius should be reduced earlier to prevent another “glitch” to reposition bosses with many kamikaze deaths on the opposite side of the map to these who do not want to use camera/or to these who just glitch vision with camera for more comfortable gameplay. However another change is forced 1vs2 which do not change that much for tank retals or kiting casters but kill life leech based characters like vitalities or DW meeles. I have some ideas already but I don’t know if it’s going to work. But what can we do anyway?

Yes, players proved that most fairly optimized builds can farm 75-76 without much troubles. A lot can pull even all bosses, some squisher can 1vs1 and 1vs2. That’s devs state anyway so unless some endgame set struggles veeery hard defensively we can’t count for defence buffs.

Yes, Crucible is either more like additional tool for testing builds than good place to farm. In practice it’s more dangerous than even 75-76 because 1 death destroy everything, you lose loot and tributes. No sense to go there for loot if someone do not prefer it over SR.

retal DE DK is one of the weakest survivable among retals, buff some resistences please. :pray:

1 Like

People want retaliation buffs? What is this timeline!!

1 Like

I have always moved like 1 s after he has used his Panetti ability because the big meteor comes after it. Never noticed this “push move” :slight_smile: guess I can wait moving for another 0,5 s now :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.