Nvidia drivers FTW!

The newest Nvidia drivers have a low latency mode. I turned that on, and changed the driver texture filter settings to high quality, the power management to optimal performance, used it to force 32x CSAA and 8xSupersample for transparencies. Goddamn! It looks so good now, not that it didn’t before, but wow. It’s like a whole new game.

Pic’s or it didn’t happen :wink:

1 Like

Made some screenshots for comparison with each other. Ingame view is zoomed out. Screenshots made with Nvidia GeForce experience and directly upload, so not sure if there is some quality lose. Resolution 1440p.

Regular:
Imgur

50% sharpening:
Imgur

100% sharpening:
Imgur

1 Like

I have the latest drivers but dont see the option anywhere. Can you show me where?

Try this page:

https://www.geforce.com/en_GB/gfecnt/whats-new/articles/nvidia-freestyle-ansel-enhancements-geforce-experience-article

Is it for nvidia RTX only?
My fps seems dropped so much after I try to access game filter mode. I also got an error message, ordering me to restart the game (which I have tried a couple of times), but still cannot access the game filter mode at all.

I think it’s for all nvidia cards but not sure.

First you need to enable the gamefilter (Alt + F3), that will require a game restart.

After that you can add a filter and choose the sharpening from the list.

If you can’t see the difference between the 1st and 3rd picture, than you need to check your eyes. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I did this and my game enter super laggy mode with <15 fps. Not sure what I did wrong

while graphic tech nerds are debating which pictures are better or are the changes negligible, i’m still playing gd peacefully (and lagfully, but its bearable) in my old amd radeon laptop from 2011, with all effects low to the extreme except lag inducing ragdoll physics which can’t be turned off.

oh well, nvidia are top rated high-class but accessible graphic drivers anyway. these days video games’ graphical fidelity seems to be reaching a peak where the only possible future improvements to please eye-candy players is to put trippy effects everywhere.

The image host zooms to your browser window size. So if your not looking at the picture in a large window, the details won’t be that noticeable. It also helps to look at details that are easy to see, like the fern fronds and the big fleshy plant leaf textures. So, looking at the picture at a suitable resolution and looking for easy to see details will help. Also, seeing it in game should be much easier to notice.

The newest Nvidia drivers have a low latency mode. I turned that on, and changed the driver texture filter settings to high quality, the power management to optimal performance, used it to force 32x CSAA and 8xSupersample for transparencies. Goddamn! It looks so good now, not that it didn’t before, but wow. It’s like a whole new game

• OK I can’t find the options for 32x CSAA & 8s SuperSample for transparencies. WHERE is that found, need pics or more steps outlined please?

What is the best option for Grim Dawn, On or Ultra setting Low Latency Mode?

I think you only benefit from it if you don’t get high fps in Grim Dawn. Best is just to test it out yourself. :wink:

Like Mauricius says, just test it out for yourself. Everyone’s setup is different. For me I determined I liked it merely “On” versus the “Ultra” setting.

Don’t be afraid to do a little research and read what other sites say about it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nvidia+low+latency+mode