Occulist 100% Pet Summoner Build For New Players

I think the controller support is very good.

no need for any third party apps
if you have xbox controller
you just go to keybind/settings and click like gamepad and default
[I don’t remember exactly but theres a video on youtube if its not obvious ingame]

and that’s all you have to do basically

the left control stick controls movment
the right controls camera

dpad up is portal
dpad down is map

pressing in on the thumb stick toggles from keybind bar1 or keybind bar 2
pressing in on the other thumb stick weapon toggles

dpad left and right are open to key binding along with , AB XY and the trigger’s RT AND LT , I believe the RB AND LB buttons are for potion use and u cant change that bind.

overall its pretty good , if you need more binds , there is one other option

if you also have a mouse plugged in you can use your default mouse /kb binds for BUFFS
and just click them on with ur mouse then switch back to controller

I don’t do that but I would if I needed more binds
for the most part it works great but I suppose it varies from class to class

ive tested it on : conjurer, blademaster, paladin, tactician ,spellbinder with good results.

my setup is so simple I have my aoe debuff bound to right trigger. like a FPS shooter game
and I just spam it a lot of times :smiley:

other than that most of my binds are simply to summon pets

my melee[blademaster] works pretty good with it as well

1 Like

Congrats on the Lokarr kill :smiley:

Btw, can you add the GT link to the first post? Will help new players find it quickly.

And a trick for Mogdrogen incase you go for him next. Use the Voidmancer Belt, it makes your pets immortal and you just stand there and watch as Mog dies :rofl:

You can switch it back to the belt you are using atm after that.

I will update the post.

About modrogen , I tried him on ultimate and it was rather challenging. I was not able to kill him, I think I need to get my healing spell for that fight. I will try using the belt you recommended. Im sure I can drop him on Elite for the shoulders but defeating him on ultimate will prove a challenge. I seen someone fight him with a vitality conjurer and it took them 37 minutes to get the kill , lol.

I think I might try ravager next , 10-30minute fights are a little off setting

edit : oooh I found that belt in boc :smiley: I know what that is , didn’t notice it had 100% resistance for pets neat. with that belt and blood of dreeg heal , I can prolly get him :smiley:

is it true modrogen is the hardest boss in game?

people have been challenging me to take on some dragon name callagadra also

Mogdrogen is one of the easiest.

Callagadra you will find after using a Celestial Essence at the sacrificial altar in the Korvan sands.

I have managed to take it down on my Occultist without even choosing a secondary mastery. So shouldn’t be a problem. Just requires a bit of patience and kiting, that is all.

If you want the hardest boss in the game, you are looking at Crate of Entertainment Secret Boss.

So, you play with a legit copy of the game, right?

I think he mentioned on Reddit that he plays 1.1.1.1 patch

Modrogen is dying I got him at 75% it might take a moment to do this but it’s working.

I switched to the lighting belt and I dropped modrogen pact to only 1 point and put the rest into blood of dreeg I needed the heal

Waiting for an answer to my question.

Ugh I did not know that , I havn’t thoroughly read patch notes.
I did notice spellbinder got some buffs in a later patch
I was considering updating but I don’t know it was hard to get grim tools to work

So which platform do you have it on?

You definitely have to try out the updates then!

Pets got so much buffs in the recent patches :blush:

Worlds best conjurer player in the wrong patch. FAIL

Grimtools will work without a hitch. So no need to worry about that.

Briarthorn got updates too btw :wink:

Still waiting for an answer.

I might have missed this in the rules, but are members obligated to reply to moderator’s questions? I am asking in general

Suspected pirated copy? On the official game forum? What do you think? And why edit out his reply about the version number, um?

Well, you already know what I think :wink:

No I don’t think there are any such rules. They aren’t that draconian around here.

I wrote “I am asking in general”

The forum vulture is here! Ok thread is closed

1 Like

Depends on the question asked. It’s not obligatory, but piracy is not tolerated here.

1 Like

I guess it’s the difference between a Question which a “normal User” also would ask, like let’s say in this case, if meda would’ve asked some specific about his build, or something we go in the “Rule”-Area, Illegal thing and such, like piracy or something like that.

Though i’ve to say it would be sad if we would need another “Rules” added for things which are mostly common sense. Than again many things in the forum rules should be common sense to begin with(like don’t harass and attack people)

1 Like