Occultist energy regen

Same thoughts as Monceaux. I have 1-2 Occultist attacker builds that by all rights should use around 150 energy per sec on spamming it’s main damage skill with ~20 energy regen as shown by grimtools (don’t know it is in-game as of now) and they work just fine. It’d help if you showed some examples of characters or videos yourself and ways you’ve tried to solve it e.g. did using Scales/Inspiration leave your characters too damage-starved to work.

Only build I had that I have had recently that I decided was really starved on energy was a Ritualist that I altered to use double Ectoplasms and 12/12 Mogdrogen’s Pact on top of already using Scales. Still was hell to play if I didn’t dive headfirst into the middle of huge crowds.

Arcane spark then, Arcanum dust auguments and ectoplasm should help too.

The builds are generally starved of stats you do this and they suck in other departments. Energy regen for Occultists solves a lot or CC for Occultist. Energy is easier.

It’s impossible to help without GT link. You can post it, I am sure no one is going to steal it.
I don’t think arcane spark and arcanum dust is going to destroy build.

I alread posted one. Take it as a good representation of the others. I have tried Arcane Spark and Revenant and it doesn’t cut it. In SR boss rooms energy regen crumbles.

These are typical stats you can get - energy regen around 50 energy/s and around 50 % energy absorption - and it is not enough.

Take Scales then.

That will destroy the builds. It has been already talked a couple of times on the forum. Occultist needs better energy regen.

Double Arcane spark then, medal + amulet.

More points in spirit?

You can’t afford any points in anything else than physique on all of the builds.

I’m pretty sure that maybe - just maybe - that if you’re going to combine spam Primal Strike with Doom Bolt (which is a known Energy killer), that you need to account for Energy regen in either your components or devotions.

Either that, or accept that the game was not meant to work with arcane builds like Chaos Primal Strike and that just because you personally find certain combinations of skills to be harder does not mean in the slightest that particular damage types or classes are inherently weak.

It was just an example. I named other skills as well. And I am not the first one to point this out.

Quit acting like you have some top secret build and post the damn GT link duchy
How the hell can anyone “JUST TAKE DUCHYS WORD FOR IT” when they give you examples of not having problems while you still do not.
Took scales… Didnt kill the build.

3 Likes

Scales on a phys build are OK but still I would like to see it in SR boss room against a single enemy.

I provided an example and others are ± the same.

Non phys build - Scales and using DEE

So all melee occultist builds need to take scales? That is what you want? And you show examples in CR where it is the least problematic.

Duchy what does it matter if it solves your problem.
All cars need TIRES?!!?

1 Like

One problem solved and others created… The last build you showed doesn’t even have a spamming skill :smiley: What a joke.

It’s true that fighting SR single bosses is totally different from Energy perspective:

• you’re fighting single enemies for a long time
  • you benefit little or even not at all from Energy absorption
  • you don’t have -25% Energy cost from Ulzuin’s Buff like in the videos

Changing SR to 1 vs 4 might help a bit with this issue :wink:

Doesn’t matter that it’s not doable though. Better buff Duchy’s build in some another way (CC, defense) so that he can afford going for energy on component / devotion / attributes :scorv: We must avoid the situation of homogeneity where Energy stuff (devotion / components / items) are not needed at all (:warning: bait :warning:)

3 Likes

#buffduchy2020

9 Likes