Occultist energy regen

Yeah it might but I will rather suffer low energy regen :smiley:

I agree.

I think that Obsidian Juggernaut getting some energy regen would solve it for the most part. Even with Warlock the energy goes really low in SR boss rooms and that is with over 5k energy and regen around 50e/s. Chaos PS is memeish so I agree that one doesn’t need to be solved really.

And look who I agree with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Duchy + BatLee = :heart:

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s to late for reconciliation as Lee is gone :candle:.
And you two had so much in common like getting banned.
You can see what’s left of him below:

Warning, extremely graphic!

:zantai: has won the neverending battle it seems.
It was a good run, Lee. 7765102353 Crucible runs in fact.

He must be really missed on Discord as folks there used to talk about him on a daily basis.

Tell me, Lee, since you must have been sent to heaven…
Do you get a perfect set of mutators in every run there?

8 Likes

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAmxXwV

Was my juggerbutt build. 35 energy/sec in grimtools, but literally no sustain problems even single target in SR75-76 thanks to scales. Sure, I don’t get to take abom+DG because I stretch for scales, but damage was still strong so that’s probably a sane trade off for game design.

edit: not going to complain abut some regen on Ob Jugg, but the Z axis is the main limiter for crucible speed if that’s the damage concern. Sustain was also tougher without scales vs mindless face tank, so I’d still go split path

1 Like

I saw it. I made Warlock work with offensive devo and I am working on Witchblade right know. With sacrifices in OA/DA it can be done but regen is still not ideal (and I had to drop Sigil of Consumption). I also made Cabalist and that one just can’t sustain the energy and is squishy. Will also try Deceiver and different version of Pyro. Obsidian Tremor is energywise better to sustain than Oblivion because that one kills slower.

Are you sure this is an Occultist problem? I find it odd you want to chastise a mastery for skills that are not in that mastery.

I had long been an advocate for an innate Energy Cost reduction to Obsidian Tremor, for instance, and take some personal pride in having gotten it to be as low as it is now, but I’d argue it could still deign to be a hair lower still.

I’ve never touched Oblivion since it was made spammable (which was a change I opposed), so no comment there, but both EoR and PS (transmuted, I assume?) don’t surprise me as being intensive. One is a channeled skill and like all channeled skills it is made to drain your Energy as the chief limiting factor to its dps uptime, and the other had been quite costly for many years before only recently being more manageable in general.

But being as none of these skills come from the Occultist mastery itself, it seems odd to suggest the Occultist need solve a problem it did not create.

However, I would be inclined to give credence to the Sigil argument as some Sigil builds definitely struggle with Energy sustain. To this end, I’ve long suggested some % Cost Reduction to Blazeseer, for instance, albeit only to the result of seeing more flat regen arrive on the set.

4 Likes

Well it was the easiest and first thing that came to my mind. Maybe not the best but still Occultist should at least give more energy itself.

Crucible of the Void has no stairs which is why I’ve used it for Winter King’s Might.
It’s not like I wouldn’t like it to get fixed though, don’t get me wrong.
And it has got a speedrun seal of approval from ya1:

Not really too dark for me, maybe it’s just some past issue or too low gamma settings.

2 Likes

I get the intended meaning of this comment, but it’s a lot funnier in reading “Z axis” as a reference to :zantai: balancing.

8 Likes

Noun? Verb?

Wildblood got totally Z axis’d in 1.1.8 #deadbuild

I don’t want to post my sub 4 minute shadow strike build to keep it out of the Z axis!

3 Likes

He will probably return for some time in 1.1.9🤞

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7mvnON rofl had wrong link at first
Full IK jugger pyro with Abom/DG , No scales.
Has enough absorb/Regen/Leech doesnt need fourth buff in crucible.

I have the same regen on my builds as well (even higher). Not enough for SR boss room. And it looks like a build for CR (2600 DA, low life,…). I am not saying that SR boss room is unplayble with it but just not comfortable.

Man , you are something special Duchy.
We doing SR80 over here with 2500 DA , Its about mitigation/Shred.
Anyhow can I see what your playing thats more energy intensive then this? Cause it has no energy problems with hardcapped BWC spamming tremor

I would get crushed with such builds. Yes mitigation is important but 2600 DA is unplayble to me (especially with lower life). I will post my Warlock and Witchblade on Monday.

Look at that chaos PS build. Similar regen and you go down to zero with energy fast in boss rooms. Obsidian Tremor is a little better and Oblivion is similar to PS in how it drains energy.

4JZNkj
Lol

I read you russian discord. Great fun. Even translated your russian stuff that was of interest to me. I laughed a lot. :slight_smile:

I just searched this Дучи and read some funny things :smiley:

Didn’t know someone would talk about me so much. Warms my heart :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t be shy to ask questions-we are just kidding-we all kind and helpful people in discord

I don’t have any :slight_smile: