Of Celerity suffix on items with cast speed

Is it possible for an item to have of Celerity suffix if that item already get %5-7 cast speed by default? I mean like Crimson’s Arcane Scypetre for example.

Already answered in another thread. Nope, you cant get “of Celerity” on Sister Crimson’s sceptre, but you can get other rare mods with castspeed (which are even stronger), just dont give up.

1 Like

Source? Seems like BS to me as there have never been individual items with affixes blocked from their pool.

Source - i’ve killed Sister Crimson ~200 times.
But of course, you can prove your claim, if you somehow get that sceptre with “of Celerity” suffix in legit way. I’ve also never seen on it any magic OA/DA & attack speed suffixes or flat damage prefixes. If it rolls magic mods, it’s Aether or Lightning damage suffixes with high probability, less often - other damage types suffixes, and that’s all. As for magic prefixes, it always rolls class-related ones (Arcanist’s, Soldier’s, etc).

Yes, it can. Unless some changes were made to affix pools that Crate never mentioned and kept secret from Dammit and prevented GDStash from discovering when updating database.

Malawiglenn could pitch in here. I’m sure he’d confirm that 200 trials is way too little to make any definitive statements about the distribution of probabilities that sometimes go below fractions of a percent.

Celerity is very common affix btw it should roll. Like the Sherlock Holmes method, when you remove the impossible, whatever remains no matter how improbable is should be the truth. Therefore there’s bug which prevents items with inherent cast speed to roll of Celerity. I have no desire to check it myself. Or just Bog game is bugged. We need more sources of information.

Adept’s Gloves have inherent cast speed, can roll Of Celerity according to GrimTools, and are craftable.

They’d be a good test. GDStash the materials and craft a couple of thousand. If that doesn’t give you the affix you’re closer to being able to claim something.

I dont think it has to do with inherit cast speed. I think, it’s this particulat sceptre is different, maybe few others too…
And yes, mods like “of alacrity” and “of celerity” are really common. One should have an insanely bad luck to never get it with so many runs… Even if those can roll, they must have a very low chance, something like rare affixes have, and at that point, it’s as good as “item cant roll those”.

I’ve done like 100 runs at Elite (all drop from Crimson Sister 94lvl) and no ‘of Celerity’ for that Sceptre. Maybe it is item specific bug? Because really that suffix can’t be that rare

Second player with the same problem, it can’t be coincidence. You should report if as bug. Btw did you have any suffix with cast speed?

None. Only ‘built-in’ cast speed the sceptre has.

Yes.

Korvaak’s Storm-Blade has 6% inherent cast speed and I found several with Of Celerity suffix, these for example:

I also found an Ugdenbog Flamestrife with Of Celerity

So if Crimson’s Arcane Scepter can’t have it, it might be a bug.

There is no bug, I can definitely tell you that.

Maybe then increase the chance of Celerity for magic weapons? 200 runs by BOG and 100 by me and nothing. Kinda frustrating really considering that it is pretty common suffix on other weapons / gear.

Yes, most probably, caster weapons have high chances to get “+% XXX damage” suffix (usually - matching weapon’s implicit damage type) and “+1 to XXX skill and few minor stats” prefix. Other kinds of prefixes and suffixes are as uncommon as rare affixes (even magic ones, that are meant be common).
At least, on that sceptre.
On one hand, this feature allows to get a decent caster MI quite quickly - just get a suffix matching your damage type. On other hand, if you want cast speed badly, you’ll have to grind like a madman. Or get cast speed elsewhere (like i did).
From my PoV, this feature isnt bad.