Official Grim Dawn Kickstarter Thread

That’s kind of my philosophy as well. To me I feel that quality aRPGs are just so rare why would I not want to scoop them all up and play them? Yes I support Grim Dawn a little more than say D3 and Torchlight however Titan Quest was the first really addictive aRPG I played. I’ve always seen D2 at my friends house but never got it because I don’t know? They never dropped the price after 12 years.

That stated I love all aRPGs and there just needs to be more of them.

To those who pledged and don’t live in the US:

I’d like to pledge but I am not sure how to do it, maybe I’m just missing the forest through the trees.

I am from Germany. When I put in the amount I want to pledge and then proceed, I get redirected to Amazon payments US. I obviously can’t create an account for that as I’m not living in the US. Amazon Germany though offers the payments service as well.

The question is, is it possible to use Amazon payments Germany instead of payments US, and how do I do it? And if it’s not possible how did you guys from outside the US pledge?

Hi imrickjames.

You should be fine using Amazon payments US - given you have a credit card. I am backing three projects and used this service previously to pay for the BeMine bundle.

If Amazon requires you to provide US details, please create a new account with them.

… welcome to the forests :smiley:

75%
Keep it coming!! :slight_smile:

I hoped that there was a chance that it was possible to use the german amazon payments as I don’t have a credit card.

So, no way to support Crate using kickstarter for me. Sad. Thanks anyway.

Maybe you can ask a friend or relative with a CC to help you out.

Alternatively you can try virtual CCs: mywirecard, [post=53344]ukash[/post] or [thread=3398]paysafecard[/thread].

Maybe this question was previously asked, alas I can’t manage to find an answer for it: I am interested in the tier that would give the boxed version of the game, with a booklet about Grim Dawn development. However there is no way I can afford it right now: will we be able to pay for that tier once kickstart is over? :undecided:

Firstly, if you can afford it just at the end of Kickstarter, then you can pledge right now, as you won’t be charged before the project (successfully) ends. For after, you have to wait an answer for Rhis or medierra.

I’ll have to wait for an answer from Rhis and/or Medierra: it will be somewhat unwise for me to get it now (I could in a couple of months, or when the game comes out :/).

Question was asked in [thread=3392]Collectors and Deluxe Edition be available after KickStarter?[/thread] … alas, no answer yet :wink:

OK, you are asking for the even higher tiers: Hoarder’s Edition and Enthusiast’s Edition … I can only refer you to my previous ramblings in above thread :wink:

Update:

You can set up an Amazon account in any country. I live in Switzerland and have accounts with both Amazon UK and US, using my Swiss details. You can also use a debit card to set up an account so this should be no problem for you. Simply set up your account with the card you want and then use the pledge setup on Kickstarter. Then it will take you to your US account where you check in and complete the payment as normal.

It may be that it will only accept credit cards, but as Kickstarter does not process the monies pledged until after the end pledge date I would think they would do the same with debit cards.

Hope this helps you.

Pheww, that was alot of reading i had to do, away for one day and 5 pages worth of posts :smiley:

Some of the items on the kickstarter tiers are ONLY for the kickstarter period like the medals. All of the other stuff would be tough to say but i hope you can get the answer you would like to hear :smiley:

I know this wasn’t directed at me but I’m going to butt in anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: In my particular case this does not apply. Reason being that I am determined to also pledge for the upcoming Tex Murphy Kickstarter and I want to see what the tiers look like. If one of the tiers offers an actual, genuine, bona-fide, 100% authentic Tex Murphy fedora, I will pledge that tier even if I have to sell a kidney to do it. Luckily the Grim Dawn Kickstarter and the Tex Murphy Kickstarter will overlap by 3 days so I will have time to see what the tiers look like in that Kickstarter then up my pledge to Grim Dawn if I can afford to.

Of course I’m likely a somewhat isolated case… For the sake of the world I better be… Imagine a bunch of Keyrocks running around out there… shudders

In other news the Kickstarter is now 75% to the initial goal. With any luck we will reach the goal before this coming week is over (or this current week depending on if the week starts on Sunday or Monday in your neck of the woods).

But I really can’t see why people will buy it 1 year earlier just to save 2 dollars. Personally, I would wait for it to release and see the reviews before buying it and pay an extra 2 dollars.

First off they haven’t decided if they are going to charge 20 or 25 for the game. IMO they should charge 25 the game looks amazing. On top of that because people that are willing to “save” 2 dollars help get the game completed in a timely manner as well as increase the content in the actual game. I supported this game a year ago not because I’d be saving money but because I absolutely loved Titan Quest, and I’d love to see another quality aRPG along those lines.

I’m not sure how many people actually did the $18 one to save a few bucks but for the most part, like Hypercrazy just mentioned, it is mostly to speed up the process for the game to be finished. The more money the acquire the faster the game can come out with more items, locations etc. If you like TQ you should like this game as well from what has been released :smiley:

I just found out about Grim Dawn after being a fan of Titan Quest for a few years. all this time i’ve wondered how could such a great game just die and the development team/company just go under/disappear… so after searching for a game on the internet similar to Titan Quest i find news about a game called Grim Dawn. boy was I happy when i heard it’s being developed by some of the original creators from TQ.

it is unfortunate that i hadn’t known about this game earlier or else i would have preordered (before KS deal) otherwise i would have liked the ‘early adopters’ original metal/items that were offered.

really looking forward to the game.

cheers

Hope it comes out soon!

If only Grim Dawn was as successful as these guys!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android/comments

Oh and I think the board is bugged as my posts keep losing their text colour. :eek:

That is INSANE!

Could you imagine what they could do with that much money? I bet they wouldn’t even know what to do with that sum of money. Ill be shocked if they get over $400,000 seeing how slow it seems to be going.