Official Grim Dawn Kickstarter Thread

[Grim Dawn - Official Kickstarter Project

](http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn)

Grim Dawn comes to Kickstarter!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

Grim Dawn is an action role-playing game for PC and a spiritual successor to Titan Quest. For the past two years a small team of former Iron Lore veterans at Crate Entertainment have been developing Grim Dawn with their own, improved version of the Iron Lore engine and tools; the same technology used to create Titan Quest.

We’ve listened to years of feedback from the Titan Quest community and continue to do so every day on the Grim Dawn forums as we strive to improve upon past performance and make this our greatest work yet. The creation of Grim Dawn is guided by traditional design and old school sensibilities, with innovation only in the areas where we feel it truly improves the game and isn’t just a gimmicky back of the box feature.

Grim Dawn will:

[ul]
[li] Be DRM Free[/li]> [li] Include robust modding tools so you can create your own worlds![/li]> [li] Be faster-paced, with much more satisfying enemy hit reactions and deaths.[/li]> [li] Allow you to fight house-to-house as you lay waste to enemies and the former owner’s furniture in the process. Break through walls to open up new areas of exploration![/li]> [li] Feature a more open-world design with sandbox mechanics and randomized elements that will greatly enhance replay-ability. We don’t control where you go; you do![/li]> [li] Let you combine any two of five distinct skill classes, each with multiple skill trees in which to specialize. Spend money to reclaim skill points if you’re unhappy with your build.[/li]> [li] Have a refined loot system that drops far less junk-items, produces more uber randomized gear and ensured more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters.[/li]> [li] Immerse you in a gritty, dangerous, Victorian era fantasy world where humankind has been pushed to the brink of extinction by warring otherworldly powers. [/li]> [li] Give players meaningful quest choices and the ability to visually change the starting town as they help to rebuild and secure the future survival of humanity.[/li]> [li] Let you ally with NPC factions to earn rewards and unlock new quest lines. Be wary though, aiding one group can make another your enemy![/li]> [li] And so much more…[/li]> [/ul]

[b]Additional Rewards For Existing Preorders[/b]

Existing pre-orders and donations now also receive the additional rewards listed with the equivalent tiers of the Kickstarter project (with the exception of the exclusive Kickstarter project medal).

Normal:+ TBA in-game exclusive Early Supporter accessory
Epic: + TBA in-game exclusive Early Supporter accessory

• Digital download of Grim Dawn original music
  • Swashbuckler’s Coat
  • Burrwitch Brew
  • Beta Access
    Legendary:+ TBA in-game exclusive Early Supporter accessory
  • Digital download of Grim Dawn original music
  • Digital download of “The Crate Story”
  • Swashbuckler’s Coat
  • Burrwitch Brew
  • Massively stylish George Washington powdered wig in-game accessory
  • Alpha/Beta Access

About DRM: is there any possibility of Grim Dawn coming to Steam? If the answer is yes, will the keys belonging to the original DRM-free releases be able to be redeemed on Steam and added to our accounts, or is that out of the question? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that happen before, and the “official” Humble Indie Bundles give you an option to redeem the games on Steam and/or Desura.

I’m getting the game either way, but I like to keep everything on Steam. It’s more organized. :rolleyes:

So, I just got done pledging $85 on the Kickstarter project, and I already had the Legendary Edition preorder under my belt.

Does this mean I botched the whole upgrade process thing? Not that I really care, since supporting you guys is the most important thing here.

Pledged $50 and submitted the news of the Kickstarter project to 6 different gaming sites I frequent :slight_smile:

Pretty much 4 grand already!

@Warboss - yes, you did - but …

How can I change my pledge amount?
Visit the project page and click “Manage Your Pledge.” Enter a new amount in the pledge amount box. Note that you are not adding to your existing pledge; the amount you enter will be the total amount collected if the project is successfully funded.

… or leave it as it is if you feel generous :wink:

I did the same but then changed my pledge to $37 and reward to “no reward” and sent the upgrade e-mail. I’m hoping that should work without problems.

However, what if I later decide I want to pledge more but still keep my legendary fan edition with the $85 tier kickstarter rewards? Will there be any problems with that and should I still keep “no reward” as my reward?

Yes, we are 99% sure that Grim Dawn will be on Steam and that you’ll be able to activate your Kickstarter keys there. We say 99% because, of course, Steam has final approval but they do this for a lot of other games, so I fully expect they’ll do it for us.

There won’t be any DRM on Steam. If you connect to a multiplayer game through Stream, it may check to see if you have a real game-key but it won’t be noticeable. You can play single player offline, play over LAN and basically do whatever you want.

I’m gonna leave it as it is. As awesome as the 100 dollar tier is, I don’t want to hassle with postage.

I’m just glad I could support Crate.

Do you mean that you might want to pledge an amount that would put you in a higher tier, but stay in the $85 tier for rewards?

As long as you have emailed the upgrades address with your details, you should be good, regardless of the reward option you actually selected.

What will happen is at the end of the project (if the goal is met), everything will be tabulated based on contributions + credits, and then an email will be sent out stating what rewards the system thinks you will be in line for. At that point, if for some reason you want to be adjusted down so as to not receive physical stuff, etc, then you will have an opportunity to let us know.

Okay, I think I sent the upgrade email correctly, but I’m not sure, the instructions seemed kinda vague to my sleep-deprived mind.

Maybe you should post a template so we know exactly what information you need and how to arrange that information in a way that makes sense?

Yes, I just wanted to make sure I keep my early supporters’ stuff from the legendary edition and the $85 tier rewards even if I decide to pledge more.

I’m also interested to know this, The legendary edition has the following, will all of these still be granted to legendary key holders who upgrade? (Holy reverence being the most important obviously)

Direct-download the full game
Entry to alpha and beta
Your name in the credits!
TBA in-game accessory
Holy reverence

Yes, you will still get all your prior Legendaryness, including holy reverence

I have decided to not go for an upgrade and will get two copies instead this time :smiley: One from earlier (through your site) and one from KS. Hope that is OK :slight_smile:

So just to re-confirm, going by this post from you:

“The exception being the Kickstarter “service” medal, in-game accessories. Instead you’ll get similar but arguably cooler early-support medals (basically the same thing but named to reflect your early support).”

If we upgrade our pre order from the site before to a Kickstarter one that’s more expensive (eg. from Legendary to Digital Deluxe) will the medal that we get be the cooler early supporter one as well as the various kickstarter goodies, or will it be replaced by the one from Kickstarter (or will it be both)?

Regarding “Upgrading An Existing Pre-order”…

I want to pledge an amount between two tiers. I don’t care whether my legendary pre-order is counted towards my pledge, but I do care about getting any pre-order in-game items together with Kickstarter in-game items together in one game installation, so…

If I make a Kickstarter pledge and don’t send the email for “Upgrading An Existing Pre-order”, does that prevent pre-order in-game items from being used in the same game installation as KS in-game items?

If you upgrade to any higher level you will get both.

No. You’ll still be able to use them all together.

Excellent :smiley: