Oil and Elixir Suggestions

There is no point in Kymon’s Sacred Oil and Ice-Blood Oil because Arcanum Oil is superior to both.

They should instead give Burn and Frostburn damage and duration, respectively.

Also, Kymon’s Sacred Oil, Ice-Blood Oil, Venomfang Oil, Bloodfang Oil, and Hungerer Oil should all give +150% DoT damage with +30% duration bonus to be competitive with oils that give +100% instant damage and +100% DoT damage.

There is currently no oil or elixir that increases electrocute duration. Therefore I suggest Rhowari Oil fulfill that role (again with +150% DoT damage and +30% duration). That also avoids the current problem of Rhowari Oil stacking with Elixir of the Void for +200% vitality and +200% vitality decay. This will of course require new translation strings. I suggest lore relating to Mogdrogen because of the lightning theme. The oil itself is already blue so no new art is needed.

Thought should be given for adjusting the cost of oils. Oils from base game faction vendors are dirt cheap (640 iron at max rep), especially since they don’t require mats. So I think the price of those should be raised. Meanwhile the AoM faction vendor oils are somewhat expensive (3200 iron at max rep) and could be lowered. So I guess all faction vendor oils could be at one moderate price.

2 Likes

So I’m generally pleased with the oil changes in the latest update, except:

1. The price of Hungerer Oil (3200 iron at max rep) is too high. Rhowari Oil is much better for regular use because it’s much cheaper (640 iron at max rep). Either Hungerer Oil should become cheaper or it should have more bonuses.
  2. There is no oil or elixir specifically for elemental damage, retaliation, and pet builds. An opportunity for FoA perhaps.
  3. Stoneheart Oil is literally the first faction item that a new player unlocks. And yet, it’s highly underwhelming for a new player. That’s because a new player would have low levels of both block chance and block recovery. So I would recommend reducing the Shield Damage Blocked bonus and adding a modest block chance bonus, like 5%. This change requires no changes to translation strings.
  4. Royal Jelly Salve requires an Ectoplasm while Royal Jelly Balm and Ointment both require Corpse Dust. To be consistent, Royal Jelly Salve should also just require Corpse Dust, which is easier to get than Ectoplasm.
  5. Royal Jelly Salve should have a level requirement of 25 while Royal Jelly Ointment should have a level requirement of 50. This is due to their flat bonuses.
  6. Ugdensalve is much more expensive than Royal Jelly Essence and yet the latter can be just as powerful for endgame builds. I recommend reducing the cost of Ugdensalve or increasing its bonuses.
1 Like