Ointment misnomer

Royal Jelly Ointment is classified as an Oil. It should probably get a name change as Ointments are also a separate category of consumables.

:frowning: I just wish they weren’t preventing stacking different ones. I like the option of being a potion fiend in pinch situations.

It’s Elixirs that is a separate category, not Ointments.

No I know, but I won’t be able to use all the jellies together anymore I believe. Like health Regen, health, and energy regen + resistances.

for me it’s super annoying to have the previous 30sec 6% lifesteal oil count along the 450sec now 900sec ointments, i used to consume the lifesteal juice a lot “in combat” :confounded:
i get this change is probably totally because of plans for something in FoA, and infinitely spamming a 30sec freely renewable oil was never a “skill” check or such. But i can’t help but feel lumping them together so we only have 2 tiers of pharma (and identical buff/900sec) is both “annoying” and kinda sad, not like the 30sec ones was OP

In all honesty, I quite like the change to 3 categories, all lasting 900 seconds.

Rather than piling on all the consumables, it forces you to think about it and the change in timer ensures that they will last through a relevant fight (SR or a Boss fight). Do you address a hole in your build (e.g. Hoarfrost), take lifesteal or …

Will say that I initially misread the name, so the thread title isn’t accurate. All Ointments are an Oil. Which is less of a misnomer than I reckoned, but also still seems a bit superfluous.

2 lasts 900 sec, the 3rd is the “skill” type, brarrowholm wraith, kymon explosion, homestead defence, last a few seconds has shared 30sec cooldown

I don’t like being forced to think about that honestly.