Okaloth's Visage Witchblade Help

I’m fairly new to the game and trying to make my first serious endgame build. After searching for a lot of formulas and doing a lot of math, I came up with this build.

Dreeg’s Evil Eye RTA Witchblade

If I understand everything correctly (which I probably don’t) it should produce something in the ballpark of 330,000 dps using DEE, with 8% of that converted to health. That number could go up to 375,000 if I swap deathstalker for absolution though I doubt that’s worth it.
It also feels like the build has sufficient defensive stats to do some major facetanking. My hope is to be able to kill Ravager/Mogdrogen/Calla without kiting all over the place and to my inexperienced eye it seems like this build has the numbers to get there. I’d love any input on how to further optimize or if I’m just headed down the wrong path entirely.

2 Likes

That is one very fine build, I don’t know what to improve here.
Offense and defense should turn out exquisite.

1 Like

I have a similar char built. First of all, it will work perfectly fine as your first serious build. Won’t be very fast at clearing anything, but it will never die. You can beat crucible 170 by just standing there. Ubers shouldn’t be a problem as long as you overcap the right resistances.

However… you do not have nearly enough mana regen to sustain DEE spam. I never even bothered specing my char for retal DEE because I already had mana problems with just my cooldown spells. Scales and Harvestman’s devotions are an absolute must. Scales also gives you flat RR, so you can drop that stupid mutator from war cry (terrify is the exact opposite of what you want on a retal build). Also drop points from sigil, the base fire damage is useless for you and it just costs more mana.

Another thing I struggled with was OA. The only solution is getting aggressive of attack type affixes on your rares (keep in mind that you can wear Dreeg pants and still max counter strike). However, you will lose out on cast speed, making DEE useless. Your OA in GrimCalc is probably fine if you spam pox + mutator on everything, though those some of your rares look crazy (do you actually have all of those?).

Kinda off-topic, but if you want an acid retal spam-caster, aegis-spam (via conduit) Sentinel is just a better version. Less tanky, tough.

tl;dr - You don’t even need DEE. Sigil, shard (from the set) and counter strike will kill everything (eventually). If you insists, stack mana regen via devotions (and augments/components probably). Whatever you chose to do, the build will work because the class and set give you so much defense that you can’t die even if you want to.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I don’t have the rares atm, this is just the theory I’m going to work from but I did have a hard time getting the OA up to where it is.

I’m really surprised to hear you say I don’t have the energy to support DEE. It only costs 20 energy per cast, so I figured that energy potions would be sufficient. If I’m going to work into scales/harvestman what devotions do you recommend getting rid of? Messenger of War probably has the highest opportunity cost, but I figured the pile of retal it gives is worth it.

Is bloody pox really worth it? I figured +15% attack speed from Judgement of the Three would make it actively bad. If it is worth investing in what’s the proper way to leverage it?

I throw together a couple aegis-spam oathkeepers in grimtools before this build, but I’m a sucker for beefcakes that live forever.