Old save file issues? Steam

Long story short back in the days i played this game quite a lot and made 3-4 characters that was either played or used to mule but recently i came back and bought the DLC’s just to find that my saves were gone.
No biggy as i wanted to kinda re start anyways!
A day or 2 later i found out that i had turned of the cloud save and found my old saves and downloaded them 1 by 1 as there was no better way of doing it.

I had to rename the files as they had some extra information in them like
save_main__Makta_player.gcd etc and then i put them in the right folders as seen by my current character!

The thing is only 1 out of the 2 i tried worked and it was a low lvl character i just made to test something out. My OG main character does not show up and i am not sure if there might be something missing probably due to it being played a lot more?

I got the GDC file in the right location and all 4 files per difficulty were they are supposed to be still no luck.

Edit: Tried another lowbie char and it works fine. Not sure why my old main is not working.

Zip up the characters entire folder, and then drag and drop it right into the forum editor. I don’t know that i can do anything but it will at least look at it I guess.

Also, how long ago did you last play this character?

Would doing this make a difference powbam?

Not sure - he could try it I suppose, if he hasn’t already. Wouldn’t hurt to see at any rate. If nothing actually downloads from his remote storage or even if it does and he still gets the same results with his characters, no harm, no foul I suppose.

Tried the second suggestion but it only adds my current characters, Had to download my cloud saves from the web page.

Also you can’t add normal files here it seems.

Oh nvm it was due to me being a new user it seems.

So how/when can a new user upload files? Can’t seem to find any information.

I raised your trust level. Drag and drop should work now, but you can also use the upload button:

_Titania.zip (298.6 KB)

There we go!

• Loaded up just fine for me…

• Are you sure the folder is in the correct location?

• Also, double check and ensure that cloudsaving is disabled both in the game’s settings and in the game’s Steam settings (right-click GD in the Library, select Properties, find the cloud options).

Seems to work! Only issue if i do this is that it seem to revert to older saves for all my other characters.

I’m assuming by this you must mean this is what worked?

If so then that means that when you say this…

…that means that the “newer” files for your other characters are still in the cloud.

Sounds like you made things a bit of a mess somehow.

Yeah i went back to my current saves, Will see if i can solve it somehow.