Old saves 0.91 and 0.92

Hello, I have the backup of my main save, I don’t think I will have problems using it as soon as it comes out in patch 0.94 ?, I am thinking about making other maps, but since that save is many years old,
I wanted to make it as attractive as possible. (I kept playing the same save and the harvested theme was damaged, I’m not going to make a new map haha ​​I’ve had the same one for almost 850 years)
I hope you understand my doubt :slight_smile:

Well, some things aren’t retroactive like the fix for harvestable resources; you need to start a new town to have that fixed. It’s up to you really. If you want to play with the limitations of not having some things fixed that’s your choice.

1 Like

I really did not understand what is this “harvested theme”. It was not so clear to me in the description.

In the playtest patch harvestable resources like greens, blueberries, hawthorn, etc, stop growing properly. There is a fix in the works, but it’s not retroactive so won’t apply to towns started before the fix is implemented.

That’s ok, but what has this to do with old 0.9.2 saves which did not have this issue and so did not get “corrupted” by the 0.9.3p3 version?

When the patch goes live it will affect old saves far as I know. That’s what not being retroactive means.

So, you’re telling me here that the new patch will break the harvestables of old 0.9.2 plain saves (so not affected by 0.9.3px) even if they were working fine in 0.9.2?

Probably I need @Zantai here to explain it better, because this sounds a bit “insane” to me.

There is an old bug with foraged items that causes some of them to go in and out of season incorrectly (ex. there’s some examples of stuff being in season for just a week out of the year). That is fixed in v0.9.3, but it will not fix existing saves due to how that data is managed.

There was a separate issue during playtest where foraged items stopped regrowing, that affected saves made in v0.9.3p3 only and will not affect players checking out v0.9.3 when it goes live later this week.

Thanks, this explains everything. Curiously, I did never experienced this “being in season for just a week” bug in 0.9.2 for foraged items. So I can expect they will continue to act in 0.9.3 exactly as they acted in my 0.9.2 playthrough (with or without this “bug” I think I never encountered).

What I mean, is that they will not stop regrowing but they will simply act as usual for me. Am I right?