One-Hander Feedback Thread

I tried them with 2 pcs Korba Vindicator.They lack stats and Vindi have better options.

Savagery is not that hot with pistols, that much I know. Cold Fire Strike could be a thing, there is a belt that converts fire to cold, little mod on pistols couldnā€™t hurt.

Edited all my item slot feedback threads to now link to each other if you check the top of the opening posts. This will hopefully be of convenience to those following these and enthusiastic as me in making the items appearing on this list more viable.

I made fucking Brutallax work!!!

Thatā€™s first draft and it works kinda okay. Still not as good as the other pierce builds but consistent sub 7 min runs are fine by me. Best run is 6:38 in 5 runs where I made it alive. Died in 2 runs and both runs I died against Kaisan. He can just solo this build even in 154 if youā€™re not careful.

Doesnā€™t make Brutallax work tho. It needs a specific affix in the slicer to work (AND A GOOD ROLL. Low rolled sinister affix means Brutallax wonā€™t reach 100% AP) and itā€™s still not great after all that and realm set. I think it needs more % pierce and more armor piercing, even 45% is already a good buff.

1 Like

Removed Brutallax from my list. I never factored in the possibility of using SR set with it. I will comment that as x1x1x1x2 points out, itā€™s outclassed by some other pierce builds and uses really powerful items in other slots to sort of help carry Brutallax a bit, but itā€™s pretty cool and I was wrong about that item.

As x1x1x1x2 points out though the build despite getting SR set is not easily consistent and is vulnerable to being popped. Iā€™d still argue that thatā€™s okay. Guess itā€™s fine as it is.

Added Scion of Noxious Wounds and Cinderscorn to the list.

I havenā€™t tested them so theyā€™re at the bottom of the first section, was hoping some of you could give feedback.

Cinderscorn have usage.Before the rollback have some variations with it,including with SR set.Anyway hereā€™s the build [1.1.1.2] Fire Judgment Paladin SR 75/naked Crucible viable

Perhaps add Scion of Crimson Wake to the list?

I already made a thread about it a few days agoā€¦

Thanks, I suspected it was at least in the ā€œokayā€ area. But!

Given that the build uses 3 MIā€™s Iā€™m not prepared to take it off the list just yet. Iā€™m also curious if Demolitionist builds can make any decent use out of it.

Funnily enough though this item might see it into a guide I may or may not make on what might really be the fastest way to get legendaries in the game that nobody has posted about. Not sure how thatā€™d factor in to end-game viability though.

Can you make a non MI or even just one-MI budget version and let me know how it does? Or maybe even MI with non ideal affixes.

@adoomgod ,this build was made in early April,to be honest I have no idea,what was doing.Probably can do with 1 MI- the shield.I use the other 2 for CC and overcaps.I am confident,that will still do SR 75 with just purple gear.

Shield in that kind of version should be Grey Knight.Or if I remember the SR version with it,cause it was with heavy RF involvement.

I have moved cinderscorn to the bonus point section since I verified that itā€™s fine with oathkeeper last night, but would love for the vindictive flame mod to be around reducing its cooldown so you could dualwield these for a vindictive flame build!!!

I have also updated the earthsplitter section with solid concepts on how to improve the item and make it interesting, for anyone interested.

This dagger is good for the Iskandra set. But indeed it does mostly overlap with the Trozanā€™s set weapon. Maybe it could be changed to be more universal, like if the Wind Devil support was changed to something different (probably best to give it the same aura the normal version of the item has [https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/2148], given the flavor text).

I have to disagree: itā€™s strictly inferior to Trozanā€™s Scepter, both on paper and from experience. The lack of lightning/fire damage alone is enough to compromise other bonuses.

The wind devil modifiers make me think that Shard of Asterkarn is meant as an intermediate item for those without a full Skybreach set. The lack of lightning damage bonuses is strange, though; if you want to play cold TSS, Spectral Bludgeon is far better.

what about having shard of Asterkarn have lightning and aether conversion on Storm Box? Will it affect the tether damage? ā€¦

No. Tether cannot be affected by item or skill mod.

Then what about global lightning to cold dmg conversion (so it would work like an ā€œuppedā€ Spectral Bludgeon)?

Like +2 Storm Box, +40 flat cold damage to Storm Box, 100% global cold to lightning damage conversion.

For cold TSS, youā€™d still want Spectral Bludgeon for the extra-hefty 660 frostburn damage. Cold Storm Box might be a fun support spell for Infiltrator, though.

yeah of course.

I was more like giving the weapon a new identity, to be a cold/frostburn box weapon. I would make some fun builds with it for sure

I donā€™t think crate will ever give 100% global conversion to one weapon. At most it will be 45% average.

In a bigger spectrum, I donā€™t know what to do with this dagger either. I think it should be redesigned completely. As Pareto said, in any iskandra trozan setup, trozan scepter is BiS just because a simple fact that it gives another projectiles. It is huge for iskandra that add WD to trozan.

Even in a wind devil build, trozan scepter gives +1 wind devil summon limit, which is again super huge!

Just redesigned this dagger and give it a new role. Trozan scepter is just BiS for TSS and wind devil build. Maybe make it as cold PB weapon, cold pet weapon, or cold blade spirit weapon, or whatever interesting

1 Like

On my crit-focused Warlock, the bonuses on Shard of Asterkarn ended up being more relevant (even more so when the Arcanist buff arrives). But I would agree that they are similar enough to warrant a drastic redesign of the item.