Only yellow gear

Has anyone tried how far you can go with a character with only yellows and perhaps a stolen relic…
This might be good challenge, if not tried yet…
And of course, not just a theorybuild but a hardgrind selfleveled one…

Any classes that would do better in these circumstances?

What class would you pick?

1 Like

Don’t…Don’t…please don’t tempt me… sob :joy:

6 Likes

Why yellow when you can go all white😂

2 Likes

Stripper challenge all Nude…

1 Like

All naked in hardcore! Make it real or bust!

1 Like

Maya’s doing that now with a pet build. No gear.

3 Likes

Yellows (aka magical items) can roll really high stats so I think a well-crafted yellow-only build is totally viable for the main campaign.

The main difficulty here is to find a good roll among the massive amounts of yellows that drop everyday :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s like they know what it’ll do to us. :joy:

1 Like

Imagine naked Ramzul fight in HC Ultimate!

1 Like

Pure-yellow Vitality Conjurer has been known to clear Glad 170.

do you mean the talisman from the rover quest?

i’ll guess Soldier, Oathkeeper, Shaman would be solid choices for primary since they offer alot of hp, regen, resistances or straight damage mitigation.

Nightblade & Occultist might be nice aswell to have for their heal on demand skills.

i would for sure go Soldier because nothing beats all the juicy defense option’s in the lowest row but i’m unsure of the 2nd class probably Oathkeeper since the double down on the Shield looks better then the other options in such type of challenge.

1 Like

nah, yellow items are strictly worse than equivalent type green rolls. If not, they will be.

D2 was the one that had blues that were more focused and stronger than rares.

i think you misunderstood the topic. it is supposed to be a challenge and infact there are yellow affixes that have higher SINGLE Stat rolls then greens.

here’s an example:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/suffixes/10288 compared to https://www.grimtools.com/db/suffixes/10737 has alot more cunning for pants suffix.

and there are alot more cases similar to the example

That’s something I’ve always wondered.

Is it possible to do an itemless challenge?

I.e. are items more valuable than using a dual mastery?

They are. There’s no way you can get good defensive stats without items. Resistances will be your biggest problem. Maybe a pet build. But not in hardcore.

4 Likes

The temptation is STRONG with this one. :flushed:

Yea, they are all viable, both class and equipment wise.

I have builds that are White only, Yellow only and Green only.
Been busy with other chars and have not visited my yellow char for a while, but my Yellow build at 46 is not having any issues at the moment.

I have opted for Ritualist (Shaman - Necromancer) with this build,
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0Xq09V

As you can see, nothing special and all self found as I don’t keep yellow items in my stashes.
Currently he drops Wendigo and Storm totems and sits within them dealing damage with Savagery and throws a little Ill Omen and Bloodthirster as support life leach and mob confusion.
Nothing much gives me a problem at the moment.

Like the “Classless Challenge”, it is always a great way to explore the Grim Dawn experience. :earth_africa:

This thread has now reinvigorated interest in my own yellow char, which I will now give a bit of focus and attention.

Looking forward to seeing some real killer Yellow builds here.

2 Likes

Yeah that relic would be equally unfair for all classes, i think…

Unlike Star Trek

Quote:

“We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is FUTILE.”

In Grim Dawn, Resistance is COMPULSORY :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes