Only yellow gear

1 Like

Pure-yellow Vitality Conjurer has been known to clear Glad 170.

do you mean the talisman from the rover quest?

i’ll guess Soldier, Oathkeeper, Shaman would be solid choices for primary since they offer alot of hp, regen, resistances or straight damage mitigation.

Nightblade & Occultist might be nice aswell to have for their heal on demand skills.

i would for sure go Soldier because nothing beats all the juicy defense option’s in the lowest row but i’m unsure of the 2nd class probably Oathkeeper since the double down on the Shield looks better then the other options in such type of challenge.

1 Like

nah, yellow items are strictly worse than equivalent type green rolls. If not, they will be.

D2 was the one that had blues that were more focused and stronger than rares.

i think you misunderstood the topic. it is supposed to be a challenge and infact there are yellow affixes that have higher SINGLE Stat rolls then greens.

here’s an example:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/suffixes/10288 compared to https://www.grimtools.com/db/suffixes/10737 has alot more cunning for pants suffix.

and there are alot more cases similar to the example

That’s something I’ve always wondered.

Is it possible to do an itemless challenge?

I.e. are items more valuable than using a dual mastery?

They are. There’s no way you can get good defensive stats without items. Resistances will be your biggest problem. Maybe a pet build. But not in hardcore.

4 Likes

The temptation is STRONG with this one. :flushed:

Yea, they are all viable, both class and equipment wise.

I have builds that are White only, Yellow only and Green only.
Been busy with other chars and have not visited my yellow char for a while, but my Yellow build at 46 is not having any issues at the moment.

I have opted for Ritualist (Shaman - Necromancer) with this build,
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0Xq09V

As you can see, nothing special and all self found as I don’t keep yellow items in my stashes.
Currently he drops Wendigo and Storm totems and sits within them dealing damage with Savagery and throws a little Ill Omen and Bloodthirster as support life leach and mob confusion.
Nothing much gives me a problem at the moment.

Like the “Classless Challenge”, it is always a great way to explore the Grim Dawn experience. :earth_africa:

This thread has now reinvigorated interest in my own yellow char, which I will now give a bit of focus and attention.

Looking forward to seeing some real killer Yellow builds here.

2 Likes

Yeah that relic would be equally unfair for all classes, i think…

Unlike Star Trek

Quote:

“We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is FUTILE.”

In Grim Dawn, Resistance is COMPULSORY :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

@Knife - What about a kickass yellow only char named “Yellowknife”?

2 Likes

Love all the input an decided this thread needed a good musical theme:
So here goes:

3 Likes

Ōryū - the Yellow Dragon of the Grim Dawn, go for it!

1 Like

Grim Dawn - Community Collections - Fashion Dawn
will be in need of a great Yellow themed illusion posting …

"I’m just mad about saffron
A-saffron’s mad about me
I’m-a just mad about saffron
She’s just mad about me

They call me mellow yellow (Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow (Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow"

1 Like

lol, kiss your next 2 months goodbye

YELLOW FLASH

1 Like

Minato, the Yellow Flash. Either a Dervish or a Warlord. Mobility skills to the max! Shieldbreaker also a possibility. Thats my choice.

I’m willing to bet it’s easier than classless. Having 2 masteries adds a ton of defensive and offensive stats. Yellows can roll some good stats too.
The challenge I’m really dreading is naked, no gear. Now that would be an epic feat if done in HC. I don’t even think it’s theoretically possible. But maybe someone dares to prove me wrong :wink:

1 Like

Yeah that someone wont be me, although my love for Aether Clusters would undoubtedly become shared by whoever does take up that challenge. Is there any way to farm Aether Clusters early on, actually?