Open world / adventure mod feasible?

Is something like this feasible?

-re-scaling the level ranges of zones
-starting a new with access to all the act “town” rift gates
-removing or flagging the main quest-line as complete but keeping side quests and bounties as they are currently?

I was thinking about this and I guess some issues would be with specific main quest choices, such as choosing between factions.

No one can comment on the feasibility/possibility of this?

You can load the complete campaign map and edit it as much as you want. So, this is doable, but it would require quite some work.

This can be done by removing the min and max level of each zone in the world editor, I think. Pretty easy and done in some minutes.

I don’t know if this is possible, but an easy solution could be by creating a new area similar to this one from Sacred, where a teleporter to each location exists. Newly created characters would start right there, and you could add a new entry / riftgate to the world map so one can get back to it.

This would be the time consuming part. As you said, flagging each main quest as completed should do the trick, but I’m not sure if this would actually remove all the ‘road-blockers’, since some are ‘removed’ mid-quest. I guess you could go through all the campaign map and just remove or change each main quest / ‘road-blocker’ which may block the way ahead.

Nah, you could let the player choose the faction before being able to leave the starting area. Then mark the ‘choose your faction’-quest as completed or remove it completely.

Thanks! This gives me some food for thought.

so very sad.

What’s so very sad?

More challenging then I expected.