Opinion and advice of experienced players (Cabalist pet build)

Hello I would like to hear your opinions and advise me what I can change in my character. tested it in CR. The minimum is about 100 the maximum I was able to reach was 119-120 I used only skills and healing potions.

Summoner.
I focused on pets. Such skils suit me.

Pet attack speed is really low, try to augment it. You should also take nature guardian in your devotion tree. And finally, from all my testing, lost soul set is really bad for skeletons. They will inevitably die at some point and take too much time to resummon.
Try this instead :
Mythical Guardian of Death’s Gates - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database (grimtools.com)
Spectral Crown - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database (grimtools.com)
Mythical Sovereign Ruby of Domination - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database (grimtools.com)
With this three item you will resummon skeletons in less than 3 seconds, and with good devotion they can be extremely sturdy.

Hm… a few things that will help -

1. Consecrrated blade will give your pets more damage and increase your pet physical > chaos
    conversion to 100%

2. Blood of Dreeg and Aspect of the Guardian will help you and your pets stay alive.

3. You need Resistance Reduction to deal more damage. Take Solael’s Witchblade (marked in red) and either Bysmiel’s Bonds or Manticore (marked in green).

4. Tier 3 devotions/constellations are rather powerful and you want atleast 1 in your build. Take either Tree of Life + Ishtak or Mogdrogen.

1. Get another Seal of Might component and put it in your weapon. Use Ravager’s Eye augment on both weapon and off-hand (you need more Defensive Ability)

Lol, what?

It is the best option for Skeletons

examples -

1 Like

I did a lot of test with lot of option with lost soul, and all were kind of bad in the end. Skeleton die because that what they do, so you have to resummon them quickly.
Try this one and prove me I’m wrong

sure, send me the save.
2:40 callagadra is the time to beat :3

I don’t focus only on Callagadra, or on superboss in general.
You could also do easy SR100, or push higher (I’m too lazy at the moment to climb higher :smile:), and still do 4.40CR, or around 6min naked CR, and never die once in 5 naked CR run.
My plan is not to prove that my build is the best. I just want to say that it is way more comfortable and safe to play when you can resummon skeleton very quickly (at least for me)

I mean, Lost Souls can do 3:30 crucible (never timed naked), SR 130, all supers. So, saying LS is bad and that low cd based skeletons are better will need to be proven by showing better performance everywhere.

Simply swapping items and checking this should not be a challenge.

Wow, never seen a pet build doing 3:30 CR :scream:
Can you link me the build please
And I don’t think that the lighting lost soul build you linked can do that high SR.

This one can - Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist

though you want pet conjurer for SR pushing - https://imgur.com/fkaXHJ9

1 Like

Selecting these skills will not be a problem, worse in the amount of distribution of the rest of the points. And as for devotion, I will have to rewrite the whole thing? Or will something be useful from what I have already chosen?

Well, devotions kind of depend on whether you want to focus on damage or tankiness.
Shepherd’s Crook is rather good, the rest will depend on whether you want to focus on Ishtak or Mogdrogen (Dying God is also an option since you are going for Chaos pets, but it is a bit tricky since it drains player HP)

You impressed me more with skeleton 130SR cabalist than 170 with conjurer…

I’m kidding of course :sweat_smile:
But I’m really impressed by skeleton getting this high, have to try it some day !

1 Like

Just made a few change to your build, don’t tested it but it should be better

There is still room for improvment of course

1 Like

Took around 9 minutes. While the idea and execution are both fun, Cally killed skeletons faster than the build could summon.

With Lost Souls route on the other than, you do have the option of making Skeletons tankier even if they are still going to be less tanky than something like a Briarthorn :sweat_smile:

So I will have to test, because it already looks better than it was.
Later I will have to change the reinforcements in the items, because some will be useless.

Well I don’t say it is the best for Calla, the skeleton shredder :sweat_smile:. And for her (or Fabius in SR100) I switch hand for Everliving gloves.
But in CR it is really safe and fun, didn’t die once with him, even in naked cruci.
I don’t understand why during my test lost souls was so bad (and I mean really bad), maybe I did some big mistakes. Will try again

1 Like

So I wonder if Spectral binding and wrath are needed somehow or not necessarily and I don’t even have to give 1 point there or is one point each enough?
And as for the constellations, it’s a bit difficult to unlock the ones under point 4. But with Mogdrogen. I would have to distribute everything completely differently. Unless you have some magic combination?
I was combining in the general of what sogroth posted but it didn’t quite come out what I thought it would.

There will still be some room for improvement but for the moment something like this

Not needed since you are going for Chaos damage and Spectral Wrath does not have Chaos Resistance Reduction.

Example - Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator