Ordinary enemies need to be more challenging

you know what was even more detrimental to my experience? knowing that aside from the off-chance from heroes, there was literally nothing worthwhile on a map. I’m talking about doing log runs. All it would be, was rushing through literally skipping all the content crate carefully balanced and designed, in my faction gear, in order to get to the Loghorrean fight, burst down the sucker, and hope for some blood or the really off-off-chance of something good dropping (either his MI, or a legendary).

I too wondered if I was just getting sick of the game, but no. I was getting bored. I was literally walking and pathing through the same map, except with additional annoyances so I couldn’t even tune it out, wading across hordes of demons that for all intents and purposes weren’t as much as stepping stones, and at most would be used as Blitz/Shadowstrike anchor points for faster skipping. There was, for all the content the people at Crate added to the game, nothing worth playing anymore aside from a few fights sole because of the reward mechanisms.

Remove the trash mobs mentality, remove the problem. Make every fight necessary to fight, make every fight dangerous, and make every fight worth fighting, and I’ll fight those fights. Otherwise, its a skip.

Start your game on Ultimate from now on. Problem solved! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

That sure to piss a lot of people off. The entire point of trash mobs is to distract the player when they are fighting stronger enemies. Every enemy having to be fought and to be dangerous would make the game a complete drag, specially during farming runs.

Not to mention, it would be a difficulty spike during leveling.

1 Like

Of all the various aspects we talked about in the other thread, I feel this one deserves a dedicated topic. May I assume that neither the Loghorrean nor Bloodlord Thalonis nor any random hero provided much of a challenge to you either, and that they were only interesting due to their loot?

I am still enjoying fighting ordinary enemies on my way to my next goal. Then again I do very little extra boss runs, so that the main campaign provides a lot of variety. And occasionally groups of common mobs and champions can become a threat.

I can relate to this and would be in favor of a narrower difficulty range. But I have no idea if this solves more than it breaks.

1 Like

Eh. Not all skills/builds faceroll to that extent, and trash mobs can be summoned during boss fights so balance has to be careful to support build diversity. Isn’t this more because you’re too familiar with the game, than there being an actual problem?

Regardless, drop rates in arpg have almost always meant that farming typically revolves around bosses or harder content.

However, I would agree to increase the hero density/chance in Ultimate. This would raise the challenge somewhat, but wouldn’t do much to prevent a player from blitzing past.

1 Like

I can’t help but to echo this thought. I often wondered about why, after all the time in developing all the assists, AI, etc in these mobs only to have them be totally inconsequential later on.

I am sure I am on the minority here but I typically don’t like farming the same mobs (or bosses) over and over. Even if the maps were randomized it wouldn’t change anything.

That’s why SR is good, however since the drops can’t be “targeted” you need to push to high SR for more pulls of the lever to get what your looking for and then you are likely subjected to unbalanced rng which makes speed farming a better alternative but not as fun and thereby, very boring.

I feel the OP’s pain.

This is with 1.7 not being considered. It might change.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.