Overview of Tier 3 devotions

I decided to take a general look at T3 devotions and propose some minor changes. Requirements range from 22 afinity points to 30 and that is very big spread. I think this should reduce for the high requirements devotions to 26 maximum. Feel free to post any changes you would like to see even for T1 and T2 devotions.

Leviathan - 13 purple and 13 green - total 26 - i would make it 10 purple and 13 green for requirements. Devotion is good but purple for cold builds is meh.

Attack Seru - 16 purple and 14 green - total 30 - too costly to even bother with it, the skill is not impressive either. Buff the damage on it and increase proc chance to 50 %. Lower requirements to 13 and 13. Why would any aether build go for it?

Blind Sage - 10 purple and 18 green - total 28 - too costly and purple and green path is meh generally it was discussed many times before. Buff the path and change requirements to 10 purple and 15 green.

Rattosh - 10 green, 6 red and 6 white - total 22 - I would say increase requirements but it would kill some builds so a slight nerf instead? Perhaps remove the health on 1st, 3rd and 5th node and add DA to the first instead. Vitality builds have a lot of health generally anyway.

Ultos - 6 red, 10 green and 10 blue - total 26 - it is OK.

Abomination - 8 red and 18 green - total 26 - I would increase conversion on the chaos skill to 70 % or even 100 %. I am just not impressed with chaos damage in general compared to aether damage. #buffchaos

Yugol - 7 red and 20 green - total 27 - lesser requirements of 7 red and 18 green would be better otherwise it is fine. The skill doesn’t look great though, perhaps rename it and change color to some dark blue and green?

Ulzuin’s Torch - 8 red and 15 green - total 23 - for its requirements really powerful devotion, perhaps a slight nerf to the skill?

Aeon’s Hourglass - 8 red and 18 blue - total 26 - devotion is OK - I would change nothing.

Dying God - 8 red and 15 blue - total 23 - devotion is OK - I would change nothing. I noticed that the proc chance of the skill doesn’t go to 100 % with some cooldown skills like Ravager’s Deathgaze, Oblivion…

Oleron - 20 purple and 7 white - 27 total, I never used it because of high requirements and it doesn’t seem that great compared to Azraaka. Proc is on crit chance make it 25 % on hit and bind it to some aura. Physical builds have problems proccing stuff! Assassin’s Mark is already a proc on crit. Also when Oleron is hit he is enraged, makes more sense. Lower requirements to 18 purple and 7 white.

Unknown Soldier - 15 purple and 8 white - total 23 - it is OK.

Azrakaa - 12 purple, 8 blue and 6 white - total 26 - it is OK.

Obelisk of Menhir - 15 blue and 8 white - total 23 - it is OK.

Light of Empyrion - 18 blue and 8 white - total 26 - high requirements for fire builds. Change it to 8 white and 15 blue otherwise it is OK.

Ishtak - 10 white and 15 blue - total 25 - I don’t know much about it… used it once and was OK.

Tree of Life - 20 blue and 7 white - total 27 - I treid it many times and always respecced to something else. Behemoth does similar job for less requirements. Lower the requirement to 18 blue and 5 white and buff health regen in general again.

Korvaak - 18 blue and 10 green - total 28 - it could be better. Add % all damage to 180 % as other T3 devos. It will hardly be abused. Buff the skill with more weapon damage 33 % or 50 %. Lower requirements to 15 blue and 10 green. It will get used a bit at least. I used it once and I am thinking of speccing out of it. It is lackluster.

Vire - 18 blue and 12 purple - total 30 - lower requirements to 15 blue and 10 purple otherwise it is fine.

Spear - 20 blue and 7 red - total 27 - spear is OK but lower requirements to 18 blue and 7 red.

Other devotions:

T2 devos - remake Bear totally (nobody uses it), buff Tempest (nods, skill and add more completion bonuses - nobody uses it), change chaos RR on Eldritch Fire back to -50 %

T1 devos - remake Gallows, buff Dryad, change Quill (give it a big energy regen instead of energy and health on 3rd node), remake Owl

2 Likes

I agree with most of the points, I’ll add my own suggestions :

• Light of Empyrion
    The only other fire T3, beside Ulzuin’s Torch. Too hard to get on a fire build, you sacrifice some juicy damage devotions like Magi, etc. For physical builds, the damage reduction is often redundant : soldiers and necros already have some. I’d change the type of affinity it requires, blue doesn’t fit for a fire path.

• Korvaak
    180% all damage makes sense, most builds focus on one damage type, so it would be like any other T3. Hybrid builds in general are not OP, I’d only keep an eye on Trozan builds, they can use everything Korvaak offers.

• Yugol
    It could use some %poison damage. The damage reduction of the skill is nice for poison builds (less direct damage = less sustain, very basic thinking), but losing damage for such a costly devotion is not a good deal.

• Tempest
    Yes please, the damage of the proc is really low for a devotion so hard to fit. The rest is ok imo.

However I think the requirements of Spear, Leviathan and Blind Sage are fine as they are.
And chaos is strong imo, 15% more RR on Eldritch Fire would be insane man.

A statement here and not going into a ton of details… Attack seru has the highest dps of all t3 damaging constellations.

6 Likes

Decent summary.

Oblivion hasn’t been a cooldown skill for some time, and Ravager’s has a ticking skill.

I only saw one chaos build in Compendium that was close to OP and that was Plasmodermics chaos AAR otherwise most of the builds didn’t look that impressive compared to aether builds. There are more aether builds in the compendium 38 to 28. Aether builds have better times in CR and go higher in SR generally. A lot of chaos builds use one set - Rah’zin. Aether builds are more diverse.

OK. Thanks.

Cheers for the annual overview of T3 devotions :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s mine. Propositions about T3 devotions

• Leviathan. I would like to see small WD to the proc to improve sustain. Also route to it lacks DA/OA.

• Serru. Great damaging proc, if you have conversion. But it’s worth it only if you’re already deep in purple/greens territory.

• Empyrion. For fire builds, unless it’s complete tank it’s rarity. But physical can take advantage of it. Prior to FG release even pierce builds took it.

• Tree of Life. Pets and very rarely CDR casters. I would actually prefer Ishtak. But both are more common in pets repertoire.

• Yugol. Good nodes and much needed life steal. Damage reduction is bonus, especially for acid builds. But proc is barely visible, do little damage and it’s slow to move. Also acid to cold or even the opposite conversion isn’t that common. So it isn’t the best proc in the world. Passive activation compensate for it, though.

• Ultos, Torch, Spear are all fine. Actually Torch might be nerfed, if you want to tone down fire casters.

• Korvaak. I like proc on 2H builds with monster WD. But %damage on nodes is unimpressive. Anyway probably it’s for the good, since no ones wants OP generic devotion.

• Sage. One of my favorite devotions. But costly, yup.

1 Like

Playing with their afdinity requirements creates a huge balancing issue. Yeah some of your thoughts are correct and I agree but don’t think it will happen.

But; some changes that might make them worrth taking is possible. Like;

Leviathan; path is definitely need DA, and the proc needs some weapon damage certainly.

Yugol; pools should move faster and hit more damage.

Empyrion; proc damage may be a little bit higher since the path is too tanky.

Korvaak; Definitely higher weapon damage.

1 Like

I used it in case i need more sustain as melee build, as this devotion combined with guardian gaze and huge WD make me immortal. Pretty funny on fevered rage builds.
The worst part is devotion requirement 10 blue 18 green :mee: Hard to see it outside of chaos or cold builds.

Wolverine and Hawk is on the way and chariot is here too if someone need (no one :D)
I’d rather increase the radius of proc. Not sure if cold casters need moar sustain :thinking:

Seeker is love. Seeker is life!

More like Tree of miser life. Common, just make it tree of lots of life and regen >_<

2 Likes

Retaliation can take it alongside Stone Form as well for passive health regen (since they probably won’t get enough weapon damage to ADCtH). You can even consider fitting it in alongside Hungering Void, Spear, Hourglass etc. on super energy hungry casters.

2 Likes

Guardians + Korvaak is pretty cool I know.

Also Lightning builds can use it and my Agrivix Binder/aether Battlemage too. But most of the time you have better options. Even for chaos or cold is tough justify using it .

:rofl:

/10chars

4 Likes

Changing requirements in a such a drastic manner like suggested by the OP is pretty much not happening. A single T1 or T2 getting an affinity change? Big maybe, and that’s for just one in a single patch. T3 affinity changing at this point? No. It would require a ton of balance for T3 req change.

6 Likes

Maybe it was just because I had it bound to Fire Strike, but Attak Seru leaves bombs EVERYWHERE, in locations that have nothing to do with what you’re focused on. It was aggravating.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.