All started today when I saw @romanN1 's 5:07 “naked” Crucible run with his version of the build. I thought, wait a minute, Blast Shield basically permanent? After taking the build for a spin and killing Ravager in 32 seconds with it I had the brilliant idea, why just 12/12 Blast Shield, Roman? Why not 19/12? Anyway, on top of adding more skill points to Blast Shield like a genius, I also managed to improve build’s performance quite a bit, bringing down Ravager timer to 28 seconds and even 26 seconds with switch to Oleron exclusive (personally I prefer how Menhir feels on it). So all in all, I think its offensive potential is at the right level.
But this thing:
Can’t be permanent. You can mess around at wave 200 of “naked” Crucible and not get punished for it. It feels incredibly broken. I think there should be a cap on BS duration and 40% crit/4% OA should be moved to actual permanent auras.
P.S. Sorry, @afanasenkov26 , I know you like this build, but permanent Blast Shield has no place in this game.
I was gonna say boooo no fun allowed but then I saw that last crucible clip LMFAO that’s absurd. Eating a null, getting sundered, and sitting in Dread’s pool while still beating the shit out of them without a care in the world hahaha
First of all, congrats! You can’t help but spread your semen all over another build and claim sth. Probably fame for improving one more spec. Other than that, I have nothing to add.
The build already had ~30 sec duration extension on BS before it was made permanent.
We once talked with @Ceno about duration extension mods for BS and AW and etc etc and the thing is, once it gets really long (30 sec is pretty long), why not make it permanent at that point. So we got permanent AW on Discordant Gem, now we got permanent BS on a single build that got insta-jumped by the Father of Builds. Fine.
The build will survive w/o that permanent BS as it survives now.
Sorry but not sorry. I don’t think there is “fame” here for me but this is bullshit. Permanent AW with %tdm was also too much.
It will because its damage is pretty damn good for the amount of tank it has (even if Blast Shield is going to be just 8 seconds total it would still be a pretty great build).
does that 30sec blast shield come with/without ascended affixes?
Because i think there is a fair difference getting longer duration via that, vs freebie perma on a single item perhaps.
It’s a lot of max res increase and flat absorb to get like that
“effectively permanent” blast shield is already possible live by stacking enough ascended affixes, doesn’t even require you to give up your jewelry affix slots, and having played ironlord commando with it at 22/10 I can assure it is EZ mode while the shield is up, can facetank altar-less FoA Mogdrogen and you literally don’t take damage
that said, this change would actually require more careful character handling because it would demand you drop said affixes from your gear because they’d cap BS’ duration, like what happens with arcane will, effectively neutering the upcoming change to the axe
honestly I’m more hyped for the Guts’ set pieces that will further boost the build’s damage, on GoG so can’t test, but I assume it’ll be pretty sweet
Yeah, as much fun and identity this build brings, perma Blast Shield puts this build defensively way above every single nonpet build. 1800 absorb and 7% max res make your build basically immune to 95% of dmg instances in the game.
Can this weapon have some unique mod to BS when it makes it permanent but reduces amount absorbed from the base value?