Pet Bonuses From Manipulation Not Showing in Character Window

So I’ve added and subtracted points in Manipulation, and I’ve noticed that nothing changes in the Pet Bonuses section in the character window. Is this normal? Are my pets getting any of the bonuses from this skill?

the buff doesn’t seem to update until you recast it

@Zantai this seems to affect v1.2 playtest too, since the buff doesn’t auto update the dmg bonuses are not applied to pets in effect until you restart session

1 Like

I also reported something similar. Here. However, it seemed to me that the values did update, but not immediately. It took some time to update the values within one session.

1 Like

Wouldn’t resummoning the pets update the damage values?

Edit: The answer is no. Can confirm that the Pet Damage (didn’t check speed) doesn’t update when a skill point is added to Manipulation.

1 Like

That worked. Thanks. The values reset after I recast the skill.

I’m very surprised how little adding two levels of Manipulation added to my Pet Damage bonus as well as Attack Speed. My Pet damage bonus went from +814% to only +819% while my Pet Attack Speed went from +73% to only +75%.

For such a small buff increase overall, I’m not sure it’s worth dedicating more points to Manipulation.

Every skill tells you exactly how it’ll increase when you put a point into it, so you shouldn’t be surprised. Checking how skills change as they level is a good habit anyways; some scale very poorly past a certain point, and others scale amazingly well.

1 Like

You’re correct that the game said what to expect for each level invested in Manipulation, but I never realized how little impact it would have on my build overall at the level my character is currently situated. I’ll have to keep your advice in mind for my last levels to 100 in where to invest my remaining skill points.

Pets love %total speed. So, can’t have too much of it on a non exclusive skill.
Also, after 12/12, unless you have spare points with nothing else to spend on, it is not really worth investing in Manipulation, like you said.