Petwalker - Walking Simulator Budget Pet Conjurer

Upgrade meaning an upgrade from the Petwalker to the Mnemosyne version lol

Added grimtools link for mnemosyne to the original post -

I’ll tentatively rate it “Valdaran still eats my pets” / 10

1 Like

yeah, pets are paper. The build relies on lack of player aggro and piloting to survive while pets slowly kill stuff.

1 Like

Thats a surprisingly “non-lazy” twist in a “lazy” build.

Is because of my self induced limitations like only faction or craftable stuff (with blueprint being farmable).
Adding in some greens or other pet items will solve it.

True lazy would still be the good old Fluffy Squishy even if you have multiple buttons to press.
Or, Ishtar if you want unkillable pets but it has aggro issues since you only have reap spirit.

Or… if you really hate dying, then -

Strangely enough, the one build that I like to play most atm is not even… looks around nervously… pets… but this - UwU – Player-Scaled-Pets Archon by Maya (assuming I dont have to climb SR)

so in that case, would pivoting to something like the fire conjurer on this forum be a better move? It’d allow me to grab pet resists from easy to grab gear (on base level), without changing much in terms of playing. Besides, I might get away with just Curse of Frailty/Vulnerability on the resist differences front.

Or I could try out (Beyond changing jewelry augments to rifthound salts) m grim harvest boots and hope for better bysmiel panties.

Feel free to try both :3
I never had issues with elemental res even on SR 90 as you can see here with Garbagelol, so I cant comment on that -

An initial try with nice grim harvest boots (I sold like four at this point) and the three rifthound salts did wonders for fighting Lokarr in a lazy (and safe) fashion. Dead pets dont draw aggro after all.

1 Like

Not even the worst offender. Rutnik on sr35 ate briarthorns in 1 salvo so hard i was getting korvaak flashbacks.

1 Like

I wanted to see for myself how bad it was since I thought maybe the new patch buffed superbosses as well. Not sure what we are doing differently, but it was semi-afk level easy for me even with low pet elemental resistance (the 30% is from Storm Spirit which Grimtools does not show).

Me not sure either, maybe my expectations were just too high. Safety was not a real issue as hellhound’s inbuilt resists did a fantastic job. The briar died too quickly for me mainly.

Yeah, I am used to throwing away pets like cannon fodder as long as it gets the job done :yum:

Other thing I had is how, by ultimate sr50, it was slow on timer (it felt like the run of 50-51 took 15-20 mins) and I had taskmaster bysmiels panties, and some nice puppetmaster links too (And 3x rifthound salts, but no drugs) I dont know how much damage my defensive adjustments cost me, or what this build is supposed to farm comfortably, maybe 60 or 75 elite, but it was also disappointing, although seeing how a drugged run was used for sr75, I’m not that surprised. I have never been this far before, and its undeniably thanks to this build, but yeah I wish I could do it quicker / higher because the loot shower is beautiful.

No drugs used for this. SR 65-66 Ultimate is what I would consider comfortable (that said, slow map rooms can screw you over).

Kill speed is never a priority with any of my builds, so a budget build feeling slow is natural.

Oh wait you fight them 1v1. I forgot how sr50 messes things up by forcing bosses to come in pairs.

I tried other routes today, (mainly fire, offensive devo route) but in all honesty, petwalker is just superiorly durable and performs well enough, on top of not needing fifteen button presses.

It’s also very comfy against morgoneth.

Special shout out to moosilauke for messing up pet damage with his ice crystals.

1 Like

Panther_vectorized

yeah, if you pull more than one boss at the same time, it becomes considerably harder.

I would recommend leveling up in Normal or Elite and then switching to Ultimate once you have unlocked the waystone crafting for SR 65.

( I don’t like how lower level SR boss rooms are tiny either image )

Thats what I’ve been doing, I was just scouting out the possibility of pushing through 50-55 and then 55-60 on ultimate to settle in for sr60-61 runs when I came into contact with this harsh reality.

1 Like

it does not, was changed long ago (with the rest of SR), even in the murder room you can technically pull bosses 1by1 even tho it does require a little practice/careful manoeuvring

1 Like