Physical Archon. Looking for feedback

I’m looking for a 2 handed build that can do all the end game content SR 75 and Crucible 170 (ridiculous right lol). I haven’t tried the Archon yet, and I haven’t played for about 6 months now so the meta has probably changed a bit.

I spent a few hours on grim tools theorycrafting a decent Archon. I came up with this
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4Er9l2

Would greatly appreciate any feedback

Swap Bladetwister for Ring of the Black Matriarch. Bladetwister converts elemental to pierce, which takes a chunk from your lightning->phys conversion, way more than 2 extra points in Savagery give you.

As a starting point, I’d shuffle some points around like this. Storm Touched at 13/12 gives you more attack speed and physical damage. Wendigo totem’s healing is outdone by the 5% ADCTH from one point in Blood Pact.

Great feedback! I totally overlooked the weapon was converting lightning to physical. That makes storm touched even better because it will convert the electrocute to internal trauma which fantastic :smiley: Going to change the ring ASAP.

If it helps, this is how I run my Avenger Warder. Some more ideas:

• You have enough spare physique to throw some into cunning instead, especially with the extra DA you get from shifting sands.
  • Test the performance between Doombringer, the Devouring Swarm Conduit and Bloodrager’s gem.
  • Not sure about SR75 or crucible 170, but you can breeze through SR65 without ghoul.
1 Like

He looks like a beast. I will do some testing later this week. I think the devouring swarm conduit may be better but at the cost of another button to press every 3 seconds. With the resistances offered by the conduit, one could go with the deathstalker relic.

Your devotion setup looks great sans ghoul. If I can make it without ghouls procs I will axe that devotion in favour of getting Oleron. speaking of deviotion? Why do you get scales on a warder who invested in break morale? The only possible reason to go with scales id if you have no source of x reduced target resist.

Scales covers the 2-second downtime in War Cry, takes care of energy regen, and its nodes boost both health regen and ADCTH. It plays very well to Avenger’s strengths. You need 6-7 yellow anyway, so it pays for itself.

I’d also consider Massacre or Doom over Deathstalker on an Archon. Warder really needs the extra RR, but the +skills might outweigh it when you have guardians.

I’m going to throw this out there: [1.1.7.1] Me Crush. Physical Avenger + Bloodrager Archon (Crucible 5:30) (SR 90)

This is 2 piece Avenger, 4 piece Bloodrager, in service of a physical build. Results look pretty damn good.

Tarazet

This build looks superior in every way compared to my effort. Looks like blood rager set is better in every way and that thread certainly suggested a few very useful items. I will do some testing later on when I finish leveling him. Still coasting through elite and level 74 so far.

1 Like

Enjoy, I love Archon even if it can be frustrating at times. My first character was an Archon and I lost it at level 99 with a hard drive failure. Leveled another one, made my own build and I’m using it now to take down the targets I set for myself in the game, one after the other. Now Archon is just kind of “me.”