[Physical Caster] 2h-Forcewave Pure Physical Commando

Faction gear I used is meant to show which faction pieces you need to go for if you are unlucky with drops

There’s a 99% chance that by the end of Elite people would be using items that should be far better than the faction stuff

Your setup looks fine to me. I did relocate points a little - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPoDYXV

Go with Ghoul, Behemoth and Falcon Swoop early on.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvkpvjZ

Your gearing needs a lot of changes, try aiming for some of the faction stuff in the main post

I am a returning newbie player after the early access player so bare with my lack of knowledge.

Can you please expand on the practical use of the active skills picked? It seems they are only there for attaching devotion/debuffing.

I can undestand that bread and butter of this build is Forcewave, but what is the point of Bone Havest? Its practically the same skill, with cooldown etc. This is a defensive tool for this build as well basicly for lowering enemy attack speed?

When do you use Siphon Souls? Only as a Health regen when needed?

Bone Harvest - picked for the temporary buff Soul Harvest

Siphon Souls is decent for crowds but not so decent for bosses. It however is a reliable way to proc devotions

Hey Dude, i like your DK build, thx for that.

I have a little bit problems to find a good rotation, i need more time to learn more about the skills . I miss the part vor the DK, where u explain the gameplay.

I had seen that u in some postings reccmoends behemoth or the ghoul, but in your skill tree u use something else, im confused in this point.

im sorry for my bad english, i hope u can understand what i try to know :)))

best wishes :smiley:

edit: one question more, sorry! :slight_smile: is it better to max the soilder first or both threes at the sametime?

Max Soldier first, it’s safer that way

I recommend behemoth or ghoul during leveling phase. After a certain level you need to go to an NPC named Sadhna in Devil’s Crossing and respec devotion points

can u tell me the specific order of devotion points u picked please because i cant understand how u get the promordial ones when u dont have enough points?

can u tell me the specific order of devotion points u picked please because i cant understand how u get the promordial ones when u dont have enough points?

Go to spirit guide sadhina in Devil’s Crossing she refunds points. But she can only do so if the constellation isn’t balancing on itself. Self balancing constellations are a problem for new players who generally lack devotion points, devotion map becomes more fluid as you gain more points.

Thanks for the build. I respecced my vitality sword&board DK in this after I found a mythical Tremor.

I don’t have all the gear but it was instantly stronger than my old build even with level 1 devotions. So much damage! And easier to play.

I did basically the same thing :stuck_out_tongue:

I got malmouth vanguard cuirass chest armor, Empowered stonewrought groundbreakers boots, Sigil of the bearking medal, leigionaires triumph belt, malmouth vanguard shoulders.

For helm I am using a fleshwarped casque since I then can have almost 100% uptime on war cry and break morale. Is that “better” than having coven combatant casque which grants +3 to forcewave? The damage will be higher, but there will be a 2-2.5 second gap in between war cries which makes fights safer and lowers enemy physical resists with ~30% and thus indirectly translates to a big damage boost.

So I’m stuck.

I can’t reliably clear even 1-50 of Challenger crucible. I’m not a great player, but I’m not exactly a potato either.

Everything is going well until I get hit with some debuffs that make me unable to leech enough life. There’s one that apparently silences me and makes me unable to cast Forcewave, and another which makes me do it really slowly.

I must be doing something wrong…does anyone see something glaringly wrong here?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPL88BZ

I also get 115% owned by reflect. One forcewave on a reflect and I’m done for.

Total noob with this game. Up to L33. I just have the basic game haven’t gotten the expansion yet. Do the devotions change? Looking at the build and toad is taken but i don’t even see toad available as a choice?

Toad is one of the new constellations in the Ashes of Malmouth expansion. If you don’t have that installed, then some of the constellations won’t be available.

Edit: if you want builds that are just the base game then this is the compendium to look at.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48165

Get some cast disruption protection

Get physical res up, and some resist reflective damage and I got rid of as much internal trauma as possible.

I started this as my first character and hit 100 recently. It’s incredibly smooth until the 85-90 stretch, then high-tier faction gear kicks in and it’s incredibly powerful for a first build. Couldn’t be happier, thanks Chthon!

So I just started this and am around level 20. When did folks feel a good time is to start Demo mastery? Would love a play-by-play if anyone has insight. Thanks!

You should be fine continuing and maxing Soldier’s mastery bar first and starting on Demo afterwards I’d say. There’s not really anything particularly important in Demo.

Gotcha, thank you!