[Physical Caster] 2h-Forcewave Pure Physical Commando

Sorry for being ka-newb, but I was just going with what I ‘wanted’ to begin with in this and went Commando.
After some… lack luster results I read up on it and have been doing what this thread says so far to great affect.

I do prefer two handed weapons, and love the idea of a Phys build,
but my question is, is this still relevant? Can I follow this guide for good affect still?

If not what should I be doing? My problem with this build is I dont think you go into too much detail about side stuff. Like what to get after I’ve max’d the base of ForceWave, Blitz, and FlashBang, or if I should work on their upgrades (I found out the first 1 point upgrade for ForceWave negates its stun.). Also I know to get AssassinsMark, and BlindFury, but what other ones should I get devotion wise? Sorry if this is answered somewhere and I am just lazy/blind too see it.

-If any guide becomes irrelevant then i’d post in that guide that this build isn’t viable

-Even if the patch notes is a million lines long but i feel like the build hasn’t changed a lot from my end then i won’t update it and simply add the relevant patch notes stuff

-And should a build require a major overhaul then i do update it

-And to answer your question, yes it’s still viable

-That 1 point upgrade is referred to as a transmuter. You need that to spam forcewave

-Just check the devotion window, Falcon Swoop and Assassin’s Mark are a must. Blind Fury is just sorta there and you can refund the point in it should you feel like it ain’t worth the one point

Holy shit Im such an idiot. I didnt realize that those two links did that! Thanks, sorry for being an idiot.

NP
You are forgiven :p;)

This looks like a fun build. What do you recommend for stat point placement? Or did I miss that somewhere?

Another great build, Chthon! I rescpecd an old Commando to your build. So far I’m level 46 in Normal/Vet. Wow, you were right about how it’s difficult to gear this sort of character. I’m pretty much winging it with what gear I have. Anyways, thanks for the guide. You’ve been kicking ass lately with your builds. :slight_smile:

Ty. Sadly yes, Forcewave has limited gear options.

I’ll add it to the main guide. I can’t believe i missed it.

Added Stat Distribution and small note for Pierce Forcewave Blademaster

Question regarding this build:

This has definitely been working for me as a new player (my first character, and just finished Normal play through Sunday, started Elite yesterday) and was wondering if it’d be too detrimental to the build to switch Blitz with Cadence? I like forcewave to give it up 1, and 2 I’ve got some gear thatd be better suited for Cadence then blitz.

As a side note, I’ve learned to Kite with this build :). Mainly because Im having trouble finding appropriate/useable gear, but also because it’s quite useful to a degree.

PS: maybe you’ve mentioned this and I missed it, but I had a life leech weapon for awhile and god that made my survivability sky rocket. Once I replaced it though, I realized how nice it was to have it. Is life leech/damage returned as health a purely random thing, or are there certain sets that’d work for Commando with it?

-Cadence with Forcewave sounds like a bad idea to me. Blitz works wonders especially as a movement skill. The plus skill fill in nicely

-Yeah there isn’t a lot of gearing options with Forcewave

-Life Leech or Attack Damage Converted to Health?

-Life leech isn’t useful, attack damage converted to health is. And we get ours from the Medal and Pants

I apologize, I incorrectly assumed they were the same. Attack Damage Converted to health is what I meant.

Ok then, Ill have to be on the look out for those then. Im trying to remember if it was a weapon I had it on, or Pants/Medal. Now that you mention it I think it was a low level medal, but my memory fails me on that.

Shame about Cadence. Is forcewave considered a default weapon attack? If so then I think these Brawlers Gloves will end up working out fine. (Comes with Knockout as an ability.)

Default Weapon Attack list-

1. Troll Rage
  2. Beronath’s Fury
  3. Fire Strike
  4. Savagery
  5. Cadence

Hey Chthon. I have a question about the order of your devotion while leveling. I am around level 52 and I’m on the last quest. Not sure in what order you’d recommend taking devotions route. I already got Assassin’s Mark, and Dryads Blessing, should I go get Tip The Scales next or head over to Chariot of the Dead?

Tip is literally last, Chariot first (healing proc)

Good thing going Assassin’s mark.

Next go Falcon Swoop

Ok thanks! Yeah I got Falcon Swoop too, forgot to mention that. Thanks again.

Btw, is there a specific area that is good for farming a Tyrant’s Obsidian Cleaver of Fury?

Lol, don’t sweat it.

Get some materials and get someone to craft the Leviathan Weapon for the time being

Also, i’d farm Obsidian throne rift and BoC for the green weapon

Wouldn’t using Stonefist Rebuke be better for this build?
It has some flat physical damage, good %Physical and Trauma and some DA reduction (not sure if that works with forcewave though) and juicy +2 soldier skills. Sure, doesn’t give us any cast speed, but +skills kinda makes up for that I guess:)

Nope. Cast speed is a big hit for us with rebuke

But the weapon is pretty cool imo

I’d suggest farming for a good Obsidian Cleaver with cast speed

Hmmm, I have pretty hard time killing bosses and heroes at level 46 in elite. Not like they destroy me, but it feels like I don’t deal enough damage to them and it takes a lot of time, even with the offensive devotions setup.

I’m sure I’ll fix that at level 50, when I get to equip better gear, but it looks like the build is much better for AOE than single target dps, am I right?