[Physical Caster] 2h-Forcewave Pure Physical Commando

You’re not at the level to be able to decide this imho

The setup’s strong point is being good at both as it focuses on physical

Here I am :wink:

I got a little bored with my Gunslinger Pyro so I am rolling your 2h forcewaver atm. I had to start over as i put all points into mastery; now i maxed FW and this is waay better :slight_smile:

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-g9ECFb

1. all points into physique?
  2. get as much cooldown reduction as I can iguess?
  3. i have some equipment atm,but will be it ok without bis? and veteran / elite - pain or ok? i dont have much time these days for playing :frowning:
  4. when levelling - what stats shall i be on the lookout for when selecting my 2hander, and what weapon i shall aim for - maces, swords…what shall i socket it with? i can farm a little with my Pyro at lower levels for some weapon and btw, i already got some nice green 2handers u recommend with lots of +forcewave and one with even +18ish% FCR.
  5. bull rush vs. falcon swoop for FW - whats the difference?
  6. flashbang reduces DA - does it mean forcewave can hit better / harder?

btw, nice builds you have there :slight_smile: keep up the good work!

1. No i think i made a small note about stat distribution. Follow it

2. No, CDR isn’t a focus here. We are using Tremor Forcewave so can spam the skill

3. I purposefully went Physical Damage type, this makes it less gear dependent than all my other builds

And it is probably the only newb friendly build i have at the moment

1. Cast speed is the key here, if not then any 2hander would do. Provided it doesn’t have any %Piercing or %Physical Damage converted to ‘x’

2. Falcon Swoop is a shotgun skill that hits very hard with 2-handed builds. Bull Rush is an underrated skill, it’s decent but should be avoided if the individual has better options

3. Yes :wink:

TY

P.S

I’d recommend finishing your gunslinger, DW-Pistols is cool as fuck :cool:

I need to take a break with my gunslinger after 10 levels in fort valbury. He just hit clvl 60 and epic. Some nice gear for him in stash starting clvl 65 :slight_smile:

Gunslingets r cool - yeap but this 2h dude really rocks and really tickles my fancy atm :wink:

So basically as i go i will try to pick up some faster cast rate.

And what about fighting spirit, menhir and blast shield? And all those soldier passives aside from shield training - so many of them…any priorities?

Btw, i always disregarded yellows untill this forcewaver - i got this really nice 2h axe with good flat physical dmg and 18% faster cast rate :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 pt. to Menhir’s Will

Max blast shield

Fightning Spirit is last skill you take

I have never levelled a toon so quickly :slight_smile: Well, this is my 3rd toon, but still :wink:

Now I have a question regarding weapon choice - basically as u put it “any 2hander” but are there stats i shall be on the lookout for - to me +flat physical dmg and +FCR bot at the same time look ok.

And when changing weapon should i look at the DPS or Forcewave dmg or what? This confuses me as DPS sometimes is higher on paper but I clear mobs quicker with potentially weaker weapon. No phys dmg conversion to x.

And any tips about bosses?

What faction shalll I focus first?

cheers!

Btw, end act 1 veteran - easier then with BM and Pyro. I like this dude with a huge 2hander.

-DPS can be misleading at times. If it’s too confusing just post the name of the weapon here (don’t need screenshot)

-Basically primary thing is cast speed and or physical damage and no physical conversion to x

-As for factons, Devil’s Crossing ring augments (survivor’s ingenuity are used in all my builds). Never pick Kymon’s Chosen.

-Early bosses? I can’t remember anything. Sorry :undecided:
End-game i do back-off a little and maintain my distance (i do it with all my casters except CT regardless of how tanky i am) but if anyone tries to land-hit i can take punishment.
Moosilauke has trouble killing me with his 2-handed bitch slaps

But watch out for Rashalga, i don’t know what it is but something causes her aura to retaliate.

One of the best part is you could have three ironside hulks hitting you and they drop down like flies :smiley:

Here it is: two pieces of equipment:

superior solid sledgehammer
: FW 662 - 1611 (average 1136); DPS 1650

superior steel claymore of celerity: FW 875 - 1401 (average 1139); DPS 1844.

And a little advice please:
http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-X3A5kg

Should I pump some soldier skills or diversify into Demo? curently clvl 30 so several skill points unspent.

Of Celerity means attack speed. But since it’s a claymore you should have some sort of stupid piercing in it.

I say go with Claymore for now

Demo->Flashbang
Soldier->Max Health Passive
Rush Blast Shield in demo

Celerity is ‘% Casting Speed’. Alacrity is ‘% Attack Speed’. Currently playing a Forcewave Commando that is similar but not the same to this build so ‘of Celerity’ equipment is basically a drug/go-to.

Thx guys !

Out of curiosity @Evil_Baka - could u linkgd calc 4 your build?

I’m doing a more Fire-focused build with Physical as a secondary so I take some skills like Thermite Mine where you wouldn’t ordinarily for a Physical-focused build.

That said, my grimcalcs are:

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-v0Wqco - Without + Bonuses
http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-1wSXWY - With + Bonuses

+5 to Demo is rather powerful.

Interesting!

But since i was doing firestrike pyro im going physical now and with some -armour is really nice esp. when you can see all those mobs flying all over…something my pyro wouldnt achieve…:wink:

Cheers!

I just hit clvl 35. What relic would u recommend? Im thinking juggernaut for the +1 soldier skills.

You know the answer;)

Yeap. I thought as much.

Any specific completion bonus I shall be on the lookout for?

Btw, Im glad u recommended this forcewaver as this is really my thing and it reminds me of dii lod days…

besides, neither with my bm nor with gunslingers would i send mobs flying all over screen :slight_smile:

Now i will head for BS and FB in demo as i begin to feel i need some last resort savemyass skill and some cc.

And what do u think about internal traima dmg? Is it significant in this bild? I saved this for last in FW tree. Is it a good dmg dealer? I moticed mobs regenerate hp sometimes so it might be anti hp regen skill :wink:

I don’t see the point of that particular modifier. Sure, it’s damage, but it’s just a tiny bit of it. There are many better places in the soldier tree to spend your points.

If Blitz is only for mobility in this build, why not have it as a 1-point wonder and take something like Markovian’s Advantage as well?

Well Markovian’s Advantage will never proc using forcewave at all. I’m guessing he pumps points in Blitz as it probably hits like a truck and helps make boss’s die much quicker.