[Physical Caster] 2h-Forcewave Pure Physical Commando

This and i also have plus skills to support me

Save that one for last, IT is the weakest DoT in the game which is ironical since it’s counter-part (Physical) is considered to be one of the best damage types

I thought as much. I will leave IT at 1 point and max out other important stuff first.

Still did not get blitz, fooled around with it and respecced. maybe later for mobility / bosses.

Btw, speaking about bosses, I could use some alternative /aside from FW/ attack / dmg dealer against bosses as FW atm on my toon isn’t very good at fighting bosses :frowning: do u have some recommendations? I have this skill from a socketable in my 2hander, something called “stomp”, but upgraded, with 3 sec or so of cooldown, but the dmg is high on it. cannot remember exact name atm.

Never heard of it, but if you think it will help then go for it.

ehh…it is called “brutal slam” from severed claw . again, silly me :confused: i socketed this claw into my 2hander as no better option occurs to me atm.

Yeah i’ve used, that’s a sweet ass skill imho.

Later on get Oleron’s Blood (Black Legion Vendor sell’s recipe)

Got oleron from my BM :slight_smile:

I noticed for the time being yellow weapon is ok since they can spawn with flat physical dmg and fcs.

btw, im clvl 36 atm - where i can farm some good weapon - im at homstead now.

i noticed east marsh is a good spot since there i can get drops of troll bonecrusher and these have some potential :slight_smile:

Btw, shall i bother with war cry? I fooled around with it but at 5/5 it is not awesome at all.

cheers :slight_smile:

Not enough skill points

At around that point, i was doing well with a generic 2-hander (Sledgehammer i think?) with ‘of Celerity’. That carried me up until around level 45-ish where i was fortunate to pick up an Obsidian War Cleaver with, again a suffix ‘of Celerity’ (though the prefix was Chilled so flat Cold/Physical converted to Cold - eh).

That has been serving me thus far throughout Elite, currently at level 60/Blood Grove and for a more Fire-focused build, even the ‘Empowered Massacre’ was a fairly significant drop in DPS compared to it. The extra OA might have been nice but i’ll take the higher DPS and more procs from a higher % casting speed over it :p.

This DPS thing keeps confusing me, I look at dps, I look at FW dmg and then I equip potentially weaker weapon and I can swear clear speed is better…cool cleaver :slight_smile: maybe I will be lucky and get a drop like this.

On my way to office I was reminiscing good old DII LoD days…especially my Conviction / Vengance Paladin. And that made me think…

How about going Occultist for this physical forcewaver? -50% speed; -25% physical dmg res; -75flat DA…

And BoD for nice OA which will go really well with soldier’s oleron.

What really bugs me is - in this game what would be better option:

to buff myself or to debuff the enemy?

The a/m question is in the context of CoF debuff vs FlameTouched & Temper OA + flat physical dmg?

From TQ and DII I remember debuffing was the better option.

Anyway, at clvl 40 I will make a backup copy of my Pure soldier with no points allocated into phys / cunning / spirit and maybe someday in future I will try a different combo.

cheers guys!

The In Closing section does say it’d work

I can’t test it myself. Don’t have any spare Witchblades

“This concept works with Physical Witchblade (Occultist lacks flat damage but adds Physical RR)” - I just don’t know how I was looking :slight_smile: The older I get the more observant I am obviously.

None the less, can you please give just some general remarks on beffuing myself vs. debuffing mobs in wider context?

And one more thing - in case of physical dmg - what is more important:

-physical dmg resistance or -DA?

EDIT: I just found Empowered Warmaster Pride - must be a sign :slight_smile: Looks good on paper.

What do you need to know exactly?

Both actually, your RR comes from Assassin’s Mark and you kinda good OA to proc it

Thing is having Flashbang makes you reliably hit your enemies with Mark so in this case -Physical Resistance takes precedence

Let me rephrase - FB with -DA helps me score crits with FW which in turn allows AM to proc more often / reliably?

So both -DA from FB and AM attatched to FW are important - work best in tandem.

What I was asking is - for example in my Pyro Gunslinger - do u focus on increasing your fire dmg or on reducing mobs resistance to fire? in physical forcewave - do u build up max physical dmg on your toon or u focus on reducing mobs resistance to physical dmg? I guess there must be a balance between the two but where is the boundry - when do u stop increasing your dmg and switch focus to reducing mobs resistance?

yup

Fire and Physical aren’t comparable, this build is strong cause enemies don’t resist the main damage type
Fire is strong when i have significant RR
As for what i focus on, i instinctively hunt-down most RR sources w/o compromising damage sources.
The balance i achieve b/w the two is intuitively achieved. No explanation (too much Grim dawn, maybe?)

“The balance i achieve b/w the two is intuitively achieved. No explanation (too much Grim dawn, maybe?)” - yeap, I got you. Same was with me back in DII LoD days and TQIT…

cheers!

Btw, whats your opinion on Manticore Acid Spray vs Mark from Assassin?

Is falcon swoop still worth it after the patch?

Falcon Swoop was always more of a 2h thing. And yes it’s still worth it since we’re going Physical and Swoop is physical :wink:

@Chthon - several posts back you wrote - “Never pick Kymon’s Chosen.” Why is that?

The reason Im asking is I am right now planning to choose to move on with the plot.

Cheers!

Btw, Im really happy with this toon so far, although Veteran is difficult at times especially when Im besieged by 3 Champs / bosses at the same time :frowning: