Physique and dodge/deflect chance: a misleading descriptor

Physique is described in-game as “Physical conditioning gives you the strength to fight in heavier gear and the agility to avoid enemy attacks”. This could be made a little clearer as it’s fairly misleading, in particular the second part about agility UNLESS, the agility to avoid that’s being mentioned here is related to DA value. Is this the case?

I ask because it only stands to reason that a set numerical value of Physique should influence your dodge/deflect chance, if the “agility to avoid attacks” in the description is NOT referring to DA functions and effects. Even if it’s like 1% for every 500 Physique.

Just now tested by investing 60 attribute points into Physique, (which gave me roughly 500 Physique) and there was zero change to my dodge/deflect chance. So how does it actually affect your “agility to avoid enemy attacks”?

My conclusion is that the in-game description of Physique detailing the “agility to avoid enemy attacks” is not referring to dodge/deflect chance, but rather simply the DA. I get why its described this way- to try and explain DA when you’re reading about Physique, for a new player, it might be too confusing and also take too many words. But the stat should at least be referenced there since correlation exists. My dumb ass has been looking at Physique all wrong and I didn’t even realize it until I put real work in trying to maximize the dodge/deflect chance on a build.

It’s described more precisely in the official guide

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.