Pierce Blademaster Hardcore Build DIscussion

Well I liked your build Renan, I don’t blame you for using all the potions and buffs available to you on hardcore. If you found something that works well, more power to you. Sometimes posters just get a little too… enthusiastic and inflexible about their opinions.

@Renan_Campos your passion is enjoyable. Please stick around and ignore those who should consider feeling a little ashamed of themselves at their lack of decorum.

Renan, the forum has a community that has some standards for comparing builds. But so long as you’re willing to discuss what methods you use to get your level of performance, I see no reason for you to adhere to the standards. I’m glad to see a player enjoying making use of elixers consistently. They definitely can change the life of builds.

Thanks for sharing.

And by “the forum” you mean the approx 7-10 guys that posts cubicle speedrun builds who often goes insane every new patch that crucible just becomes harder and harder? :thinking: “buhu zantai does not want us to play the crucible anymore according to my guide buhu”

What? Noooooo. Totally not what I meant. Tsk tsk. Perish the thought. Ridonculous. Why I never. Why the very idea of your insinuation. My My. Oh dear oh me.

Anyway back to the OP’s build please.

1 Like

I see “Hardcore”. I see “SR 84”. I am impressed ( I would have had more than one heart attack I had to play/try this). :slight_smile:

Maybe not a “build” most people will shoot for because it relies on the potion buffs but a very cool accomplishment nonetheless! I just finished FG with a pierce blademaster and I get jumpy seeing my health dip below 75% so this is neat to see.

what is the difference in relying on potions vs. relying on GDstash to make “impossibly rare” green items for his/her build?.. or using blessings/vanguard for crucible etc.

That’s my point, if a build claims to accomplish X feat but it relies on heavy potions and gd stash items they probably won’t go for it. What he did with it anyway is still quite a feat to me.

It always seems to me like builds is all what matters, player skills are very important too.
Potions can be made cheap and easy in game, if we where not supposed to use them, then why do we have them?

I use potions for some nemesis and aether clusters in a pinch so I’m not faulting him for using them. From what I have seen on the forums double rare affix greens and potion buffs are less appealing to people when reading a build that completed whatever achievement. I’ve even said twice it was still impressive regardless of the potions anyway. I personally haven’t done what he has and I’m not shitting on his build.

Well I see it like this, you can post builds for three reasons

1. HELP ME - you need help in making in better
  2. ADVICE/GUIDANCE - you want to post a build that you think other people will enjoy playing and making
  3. BRAGGING - you wanna post a build that you have enjoyed playing and what you have done with it

So builds in the second category you kinda “want” that it should be more or less “easy” to assemble for basically anyone that has some knowledge in the game and reasonable accumulated “wealth”.

I read in the title “Pierce Blademaster Hardcore” which is what I’m playing atm and I thought I’d leave my 2 cents while paying a compliment as I have not even attempted what this build has done. With that being said I think this conversation is steering away from the original post.

@Renan_Campos this is what I would do… keeps in line with your ideas while offering good gains
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRQKa4V
if you try it out let me know what you think. You give up some OA but your weapon damage is nearly 2k pierce higher with the setup above… you also gain valuable racial damage, some extra res over cap, some more armor, and the awesome proc from prismatic diamond.

main changes are for components on head/chest/pants, changing your offhand sword augment to covens guile, changing ring augments to hammerfall powder, a shuffling of armor resist augments, and a some skill point changes.

Overall a great result for HC, gj with the build. (ignore the haters on your pharma, its HC and play however you like)