Plague Doctor Mask

Please, I’d love to have a Plague Doctor mask, especially in light of recent events. Perhaps whatever the original item is could offer Vitality Resistance and reduced Vitality Decay + Poison duration to reflect the anti-disease/stink properties (or at least intent, as the Miasma Theory turned out to be wrong; I’d also love GD to have actual disease mechanics where you could pick up plagues from certain enemies that last for a long time but TBH that might be more trouble than it’d be worth)? TBH I suspect most people would just want one for the illusion but still making it something at least occasionally useful could be nice too.

If you want to make it part of a full set (whether as a proper set, or just disconnected items that complete a look but don’t have set bonuses), it could either play up the doctor angle with a heal with Vitality Decay/Poison removal/reduction and/or a granted passive skill (either on the set or on a scalpel knife that would be part of it) with a name like “Anatomical Expert” that increases crit damage, or else go a route more similar to SCP 049 with bonuses to raised undead/pets in general, or even invert the healer angle completely and give bonuses to Bloody Pox.

1 Like

Have you had a look at some of the Barrowholm Wendigo masks like this one?

Not quite what I’d like, as I’m thinking of the more all-black crow-like plague dr aesthetic.

If they added a Plague Doctor mask to the actual game, they’d also have to add a new type of enemy that wears it. Such a mask doesn’t really fit to any existing enemies.

But it was suggested multiple times to add a plague doctor mask to a possible third Loyalist Pack. I support that idea. Illusion ideas for future Loyalist Packs

edit: I guess they could add the mask to a faction vendor instead of an enemy, but I still like the loyalist pack idea better

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.