Playtesters' plea for help - Zantai's Last Secret

I really hope not with all the effort you’ve put into this Contragor. Good luck! I’ll be :pray: to the gods of Cairn to bless your endeavours.

3 Likes

May the Dawn be with you … :four_leaf_clover:

You’re a champion. No matter what. Can’t wait to see the video! You are taking video, right?!?!?!?! :flushed::star_struck:

I am an idiot…

But here’s the video. Watch it and I will explain…

The three time codes you may want to fast forward to:

15:15

34:00

45:45

1 Like

Pretty awesome - never have been able to tank Krieg quite like that!

What skill gives you that pulsing green stone looking thingamajig?
I have not come across that one at all, maybe it is from some gear I have not picked up yet.

1 Like

Build is here

1 Like

Full set bonus - Sentinel of the Three.

1 Like

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone who supported me during this journey!
@medea_fleecestealer, @adoomgod, @Knife, @MikeHeydon, @CaiusMartius, @sir_spanksalot and others (sorry if I forgot to mention someone). You guys are amazing! If it wasn’t for you, I would have probably given up a long time ago…

Second. I’m an idiot. Was planning to make a couple of changes for the fight with Ramzul. Had a green shield with 26% phys res and 1000 life + radiant gem (+10% max all elemental res half the time) specifically prepared for this. Also, didn’t swap sanctified bone for prismatic diamond. 5 close calls in that fight alone. All because of the excitement. But I guess, in the end, there was some luck on my side after all.

Third. While the quest of perseverance is over, the journey has just begun! I would like to continue Ultimate and face every other boss in the game or RIP trying, as mentioned earlier.

Thank You All

4 Likes

So you got it? Yay! :grava_yes:

If you can do everything in the game you’ll be a legend.

2 Likes

Well, I’m just glad you enjoyed doing it Contragor - or at least I hope you did! Since it was almost a throwaway comment by Zantai in the dev stream I just didn’t want it to vanish without trace as not everyone watches the streams or recordings of them (and why not I ask? :wink: ).

2 Likes

Enjoy? This has been by far the most thrilling experience for me in thousands of hours playing HC. Not even sure I will ever play any other mode from now on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh my god, what have I done? :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks, that explains it - I don’t have that set yet - but will be looking out for it.

1 Like

Your video with Ramzul was epic enough even without your planned preparation.
That sucker is a NIGHTMARE for even some of my top tier softcore characters.

Not sure how you survived that, but I was watching it, and you certainly did :+1:

2 Likes

Now, this is where the “I’m an idiot” part comes in. Was supposed swap some gear around and use radiant gem and prismatic diamond for that fight. But, as it happened, with all the excitement, forgot to do that. Survived just barely, thanks to every single layer of defense including the belt, turtle, medal and big luck.

Keep in mind though, you can reach much higher HP. With better rolls on rings and pants, 17K base and 20K with consumables is possible. Also, you don’t have to tank him like I did, that was terrible, haha. Just move away from those lightning barrages and most of his damage is avoided. Plus, I’d use a green shield for that fight with 26% phys res. Still, Ramzul is insanely strong. Probably in the top 3 worst bosses of Cairn. Should have listened to @adoomgod and chose a different faction. Usually I side with Dreeg.

3 Likes

I’m heeding this warning for certain when I get to it. I did Solael on Normal so that it’ll be either Bysmiel or Dreeg once I get to Ultimate. :smiley: Unless of course I’ve already hit 100 then I’ll probably work to take Ramzul on just to see if I can survive it.

1 Like

Yea, the Soleal quest is a killer.

Bysmiel is also a dangerous choice though in the “Altar of Ateph” encounter.
I have died many times with my chars against the 3 or more creeps in there.

Dreeg seems to be the simplest and most non stressful path in my opinion.

1 Like

Guess I know which way I’m going. You know what they say, “it doesn’t hurt if you learn from someone else’s mistakes.” :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sadly comes the time when I must own up to my own short-comings and mistakes.

Yes, my strong standing in Act 1 and 2 of Elite made me just a little too cocky and I didn’t disengage and retreat when experience and intuition were screaming at me. It also didn’t help that I was a little tipsy (Bunnahabhain is the true nectar of the gods) because I was celebrating finishing the screenplay sequel to a film we’ve released this year! :joy:

So to it again. The grind continues. The march goes forth. The 100 mile journey begins anew with the first step.

1 Like

That’s the spirit m8! Every small loss leads to a bigger victory. Don’t get discouraged. I lost a LOT of chars in HC. Never give up!

2 Likes