Please add the ability to re-see/re-view all the chat dialogue that you obtain from npcs

Hello, I have a terrible memory and I love to talk to npcs and I would love if I can revisit what the npcs said (including listening to their voice dialogues if they are available), maybe a new tab in the codex would have that function?

I’m a new player

Do any RPGs even do this?

Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, STALKER have that feature. Diablo 2 to some extent as well.

But anyway, this kind of feature is definitelly the last thing on the list the game needs, if at all. If your memory is that bad, feel free to make screenshots of dialogue. Codex already provides a heap of reading material like quest descriptions and lore notes.

Pereonally, I wouldn’t be against it and I can remember wanting to review old character conversations in the past. Grim Dawn is no longer in the “development” phase and everything they do now, and have been doing for some time now, is honestly extra.

The game already keeps tabs on your conversations in some form - evidenced by the fact that convo options grey out. They just need to add in a new tab to the journal that adds any characters you interact with as you interact with them and have it basically feed your chat log into it, checking for and discarding any repeats.

Would likely be fairly trivial to implement.

1 Like

Neither would I if the game was in active development =) I mean if Crate will read this and think “that’s a great idea” and implement this, good for everyone! Until then I think someone could mod it or something.

I’m not sure how possible it is to add tabs to the journal via modding (others are more knowledgeable there) but it’s definitely possible to extract all game text from the files and put together something viewable outside the game, which is a bit more extreme than having a running log of only the conversations a given character has personally had interaction with.

I would also note that ALL text is already available outside of the game.. provided to the community for translation purposes..

…however, that isn’t exactly in the most “readable” format.

Also notable is that someone already .epub/.pdf’ed all the game’s lore notes for easy reading…

1 Like

A good idea but not an urgent affair.
Feel free to have screenshots.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.