Please, help me how to follow

Hello everyone.
I’ve been playing Grim Dawn for a short time. 194 hours total. I only have one character. She is a Shieldbreacker. I followed this guide to build it:

I didn’t finish it yet. I don’t have the chest armor, the belt and the helm. The character is working five but it is getting boring to play always with it. So, I want to ask you; wich build can I follow based on the items that I have right now? Maybe you know about some kind of character that is good to build for farming or something specific. I’m new in the game and I don’t know too much about those kind of stuff.

These are the legendary items that I have:

Two Handed Melee
Mythical Obsidian Juggernaut
Dreegal’anore
Mythical Guillotine (x2)
Soulrend (not mythical)
Mythical Wildblood Crusher
Mythical Stonefist Rebuke
Mythical Nightshade’s Reach
Mythical Bane of the Winter King

Boots
Mythical Deathwalkers Grace (x2)
Morgoneth’s Step (not mythical)
Mythical Amatok’s Step
Mythical Boots of Primordial Rage (x2)
Avenger’s Girdle (not mythical)
Mythical Venomspine Greaves

Belts
Mythical Pack of Deadly Means (x2)
Mythical Wildblood Girdle
Storm Shepherd (not mythical)
Mythical Boneweave Guirdle (x2)
Mythical Scales of Beronath

Chest
Mythical Ulto’s Cuirass
Mythical Markovian’s Platemail
Mythical Iskandra’s Vestments
Vestment of Severed Faith (not mythical)
Mythical Dreadarmor of Azragor
Diviner’s Raiment
Dunefiend’s Jacket (not mythical)
Mythical Runearmor of Ignafar

Pants
Mythical Mageguard Legguards
Mythical Wendigomane Leggins
Mythical Runeplates of Ignaffar
Mythical Arcane Harmony Leggins
Mythical Leggins of Arcane Currents
Mythical Nidalla’s Legwraps
Mythical Vestment of Agrivix
Boneweave Leggins (not mythical)

Gloves
Mythical Gauntles of Ignaffar
Mythical Harbinger’s Grasp
Mythical Dawnshard Grip
The Crimson Claws (not mythical) (x2)
Mythical Voidrend Talons
Ghol’s Reach
Mythical Voidsteel Gauntlets
Mythical Touch of the Everliving Groove
Mythical Bonescavenger’s Deathgrip

Off-Hand
Mythical Orb Of Black Flame
Vulguur’s Focus (not mythical)
Mythical Tome of Names
Mythical Reaper of the Accursed
Mythical Consumption of Agrivix
Speaker for the Dead (not mythical)
Mythical Codex of Violent Rifts
Mythical Speaker for the Dead
Codex of Agrivix
Codex of Ethernal Storm

Rings/ Badges /Amulets
Mythical Invokers Burning Hand
Mythical Pyroclams Mark
Mythical Serenniers Commendation
Shard of the Ethernal Flame (not mythical)
Ring of the Black Matriarch (not mythical)
Mythical Deathlords Band
Mythical Light’s Oaths
Allagast’s Stormgem (not mythical)
Closed Fist of Vengeance (not mythical)
Mythical Albretch’s Duality
Mythical Will of the Blade
Myythical Mark of Unlife
Bladetwister Signet (not mythical)
Mythical Korvaaks Brand
Mythical Signet of the Fallen
Mythical Jaxxon’s Lucky Bullet
Ghols Mark (not mythical)
Mythical Sigil of the Bear King
Mythical Gliph of the Storm Witch
Mythical Lifegiver Signet

Shields
Defender of the Three (not mythical)
Mythical Untouchable
Spellscourge Bulwarck (not mythical)
Mythical Dawnsbreacker’s Duty
Mythical Watcher of Erulan
Mythical Maw of the Damned

Shoulders
Chilldread Mantle
Mantle of Lost Souls
Mythical Clairvoyant’s Mantle
Embercore Shoulderguard (not mythical)
Mythical Ulzuin¿s Shoulderguard
Venomtongue Mantle (not mythical)
Mythical Marcovian’s Vanguard

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

You can play all kinds of builds with your items. Sometimes you don’t need all the items but the main, build defining ones.

Anyway, if you’d like, here you can filter builds by item they use (selected Mythical Obsidian Juggernaut for example):
https://www.grimtools.com/builds/item/9425

Btw you didn’t say what helms you have.

Also what blueprints you have? I mean mostly Set Blueprints.

1 Like

also worth to note we have beginner/“budget” build section, where you have perfectly capable builds, but with easily obtainable starter items, that you can then build/expand upon into deeper endgame upgrade versions as you acquire more/better items

2 Likes

Well… now that you mention it, it seems that I don’t have any helms. I listed everything that I have.

Yes, that is a subject in wich I need help. I don´t know what are the degining items of a build. Maybe I have some but I just don’t know it. If you can see any good item that can be the center of a build, please let me know.

Yes, I’ve use that list but I don’t know wich build would be better for me. That is why I was asking about some kind of build that are good or necesary in the game. Like in Diablo 2 that a Cold Witch was a must to farm quickly.

I wonder how many mats you have in your stash :thinking:
And maybe you have some i.e. Helm blueprints which you could use to craft 4 pieces and then transmute into a whole set.

But it would require a lot of mats that’s why I’m asking (of screenshots of your stash page with mats?).
Probably too complicated for a new player though (200h is dipping your toe in Cairn’s Water)

Grim Dawn isn’t the same as diablo where only a handful of builds are “viable” or good
all the builds in the beginner section are beginner farm capable, some might even have other performance thresholds beyond that (should be listed in the individual build posts)
in GD since basically “anything” is viable, what you should concern yourself with most is “what do you want to play”, pick something that you think is fun/you’ll enjoy
almost any build posted in the build compendium is “good” and can handle ex SR65-66 farm (which is basically all you need in terms of farming)

1 Like

What are mats? I’ve read about it but in a thread and I didn’t understand.

Yes, I have Helm Blueprints. In fact, helms are the most I can craft. How can I transmute? Can I transmute any kind of armor from a set to any other set?

And in general builds are easy to make, for example this: [1.1.9.1] Five Eyes All Blind - Pierce/Bleed Infiltrator [4.15 Crucible] [SR90] [All Celestials]

• blue set is super easy to get (either randomly or by transmuting blue set items into other blue set items)

• you have pants

• you have Bladetwister with Ele → Pierce (to use instead of one of the rings in the thread)

• shoulders with Ele to Pierce are easy to farm

• the gloves are super common

• the belt should be swapped now to something else now because the belt from the thread was nerfed

Everything used to craft, compoennts, Ancient Hears, Blood’s of Ch’thon etc

Transmuting legendary sets into other sets is too expensive / random. I mean that you can craft i.e. 4 set helms and transmute 3 of them into other pieces of the same set.

Great, I will have that in mind. I tought that maybe it was similar to Diablo 2 and it was good to have some build first.

Oh I see, mats from materials.

Ok, this is my mats stash.

https://imgur.com/AOMJzqu

I see. I’m looking for the Mythical Justice Set but I don’t have any blueprints for it.

1 Like

Hmmm would you like to change your Shieldbreaker to some different one? You said you’re bored with it.

Btw if you want you can also upload your blueprint file so that everyone can see what you got available.
It’s

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\formulas.gst

if not using Cloud Saves.

Yes, I would like to have other character to play but I also want to finish this build. I´m not that far away. I just the chest,the belt and the helm. Maybe if I make a new one I could found those last pieces playing with other.
I have a question. Instead of Blazeheart (Blazeheart - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database) , the weapon suggested in the guide that I’m following, I found Mythical Alladrah’s Spellblade (Mythical Alladrah's Spellblade - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database). The game said that the DPS is better with the second, but maybe there is a technycal reason to use Blazeheart and I don’t know it.

helm you can get crafted by someone in multiplayer if you have the mats
since chest is a set piece if you craft 2x helm you can transmute the second helm into chest - in fact if you already have any duplicate justicar pieces from gloves or shoulders you can transmute those into chest/helm too
belt will still be RNG, but maybe you can trade for it

How can I met someone to do that?

make a post on steam forum
or in the trade post thingy on this forum FG SC legit trade thread #1?
make a post on the trading/searching for players channel on GD discord? Grim Dawn

If you got the mats for what you want; I should have the recipe for crafting.

You have some nice 2 handers, forcewave builds are fun and could put those to use.

They are also pretty gear friendly, as long as you emphasize the physical damage and shore up your resists, you can farm the rest on your own.