Please Play Quest Dialogue Audio For All Party Members

I bought this game solely for the intention to play it co-op with my partner, and while everything has been an incredible experience and truly given me that dark and gritty ARPG feeling, the quest side of things has been super lacking as when I pick up a quest and hear all the quirky voice acting, my partner is left with silence, only to be met with PING a new quest notification or PING a quest reward when handing a quest in.

How hard would it be to make the very audio that plays when you interact with an NPC, be heard by the party? A good way this is handled is in Fallout 76, where the party leader interacts and the rest of the party can hear what the NPC says and also read the choices the party leader picked (GD could do that via the use of the in-game chat system).

This has been the only thing that has put me off, as it truly feels like a gimped experience for those who are not the party leader. The story is essential to setting up the world/lore, thereafter the grind can begin.

I know there are workarounds such as closing the dialogue before before picking a choice, but sometimes the dialogues have trees that branch out, and there is no telling when you reach a point of no return to back out for the other person to hear the NPC voices…

You have a masterpiece here, please seal the deal for those who play solely cooperatively together?

So, what will happen when the four players start four quests at the same time? Do you want to listen to four dialogues simultaneously? I don’t think your proposal sounds good.

If you want to listen to the quest, talk to the NPC yourself - it has nothing to do who is the party leader or the host. After playing the game numerous time, you’ll know all the quest and will be automatically going through the dialogue to just get it done with.

Currently the majority (of main quests) are started by one person, and can also be completed by one person without others even hearing the story (the NPC voiced dialogues). Tying it to the party leader (host) so that everyone else can hear the audio, would prevent the above issue.

I can appreciate your rush and grind mentality, but try to take the time to understand where the post is coming from, what cooperative means, what story means, and that not everyone is here to rush to the grind on their first playthrough.

Having to only have one person hear audio for main quests is not acceptable in a co-op advertised game, of which is the sole reason I bought the game in the first place.

Cooperative doesn’t mean one person is going from quest giver to quest giver and initializing the talk, other people can do that too. So, what would happen if two, three or four people initialize quest and you hear them all at the same time? I still haven’t gotten your response to my question.

Hence, pushing the job to the host and defeating the purpose of

I’m not sure if you’ve ever tried co-op; but basically once one person initiates a conversation and chooses an option, the NPC will no longer speak to anyone else. So any which way you cut it, there will be people who miss on the voiced dialogue.

I am pretty sure I answered your question?

Tying it to the party leader (host) so that everyone else can hear the audio, would prevent the above issue.

To make it clearer; only have it so the host can start quests, and it is begun for others (as it already exists).

Ideally everyone would talk to the NPCs in their own time, and have voiced dialogue, but this is one of the rare few games I have found that does not support that. Even games since the early 90’s did this.

That’s why single player exist.

Anyway, the development of Grim Dawn is over, only balance patches are being worked on. Nothing that requires extensive coding will be implemented at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.